• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

a place to stay in Gerendiain

happymarkos

HappyMark
Time of past OR future Camino
2023. Finish the VDLP. Zamora to Santiago.
I plan to break the journey between Roncesvalles and Larrasoana to make sure I can have enough time to recover from the Walk from St Jean to Roncesvalles in late April.
It seems that Gerendiain would be a good break before heading on to Larrasona next day.
I am having difficulty trying to identify a place to stay for one person for one night. The casa rurals are for large groups and I can't find anything about the Refugio Sorogain on the web site or any reviews or alternatives.
Can anyone please help
thanks
HappyMark

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Most people stay in Zubiri. The El Palo has alburgue as well as private rooms and is very nice.
There is a Casa Rural in Viskarret... La Posada Nueva.
I have never heard of Gerendiain... :oops:

Hi Anniesantiago
I am looking at John Brierley's book on page 58 and it refers to Gerendiain and has after that in italics Viskattet/Biskarreta and describes it as an ancient hamlet etc.
Zubriri is another 10km so I was hoping to have an easy day after crossing from France.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Casa Rural was a large home which is let to a family or group.
all further help welcome
HappyMark

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Anniesantiago said:
No, you can often rent a single or double room in a Casa Rural.
And the nice thing is that you can reserve the rooms ahead.
http://www.turismo.navarra.es/esp/organice-viaje/recurso/Alojamiento/465/La-Posada-Nueva.htm

Last October I stayed at La Posada Nueva due to a heavy rainstorm which would have made continuing the camino descent from Roncevalles to Zubiri slick, muddy and dangerous. La Posada Nueva was comfortable, well HEATED, and offered a delicious evening meal. This was an unexpected but good stop.

Margaret Meredith

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I concur with Margaret - a very nice place. And the homecooked dinner was very good, too. They also serve a good breakfast (even ask you what time you will be coming down to have it :) )

annelise

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, we stayed in Casa rural Adi-Lastur in Biskarreta, it's on the right as you enter the village. Lovely people, so kind and welcoming. Cooked us a lovely dinner. It was early September, we were the only ones there, and didn't need to book. It's new, so not in the guide books. Tel 948 790 421
http://Www.adilastur.com
Reservas@adilastur.com
For various reasons I won't go into, we were unable to make it to Zubiri that day, so it made a perfect stop, and we arrived early in Zubiri the next day, so got beds in the albergue there , no problem.
Buen camino :)

My son and I stayed at La Posada Neuva last fall as did three other people we met along the way. We all found the rooms clean and comfortable. The evening meal was good, but there is a bar if you want a less expensive meal as well as a good grocery store for purchasing your own food. We had decided to stay there for the reason you suggest: a less stressful day after the walk to Roncevalles. It was a good decision since the walk down into Zubiri is very steep over a very rocky path requiring good concentration.

Buen Camino

CMSmith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for all the information, I now feel confident about planning to stay there.
By the way do many Spanish villages have so many different names.?
Thanks again
Happy Mark

I believe the multiple names for one town arise largely in the Basque country--one name in Spanish, another in Basque. Later on, watch out for all the towns named Villafranca + something. Another potential source of confusion.

CMSmith

Hi, we stayed in Casa rural Adi-Lastur in Biskarreta, it's on the right as you enter the village. Lovely people, so kind and welcoming. Cooked us a lovely dinner. It was early September, we were the only ones there, and didn't need to book. It's new, so not in the guide books. Tel 948 790 421
Reservas@adilastur.com
For various reasons I won't go into, we were unable to make it to Zubiri that day, so it made a perfect stop, and we arrived early in Zubiri the next day, so got beds in the albergue there , no problem.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Reservas@adilastur.com
Hi. My wife and I are interested in staying in Biskarreta during our Camino in April 2014. How much a night was the Casa Rural Adi-Lastur ?

I stayed at La Posada Nueva and found it a great between stages, a comfy place to stay. I shared a twin room with another pilgrim.
Regds
Gerard

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I was a first guest at a new place in Gerendian in April this year. A wonderful young couple run the place? Absolutely new, beautifully clean. The cost was 18 euro for a double room and breakfast. They also provided an evening meal at minimal cost?
Details for you are:
Pension Corazon Puro
www.corazonpuros.es
Telephone +34 948 392 113

Buen Camino.
Ps if you go say hello from the two Australians who were their first guests.

Hi, I was a first guest at a new place in Gerendian in April this year. A wonderful young couple run the place? Absolutely new, beautifully clean. The cost was 18 euro for a double room and breakfast. They also provided an evening meal at minimal cost?
Details for you are:
Pension Corazon Puro
www.corazonpuros.es
Telephone +34 948 392 113

Buen Camino.
Ps if you go say hello from the two Australians who were their first guests.
Thanks you for that. I have looked up there web site and it looks good, we will be staying there. We are also from Australia, Tamborine Mt.

I also stayed at "Corazon Puro" and loved it. From there it is about 13 miles to Zabladika albergue with the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, (you pass Zubiri and Larrasoana) & I also highly recommend that. In fact it was recommended to me by the owners of Corazon Puro!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi. My wife and I are interested in staying in Biskarreta during our Camino in April 2014. How much a night was the Casa Rural Adi-Lastur ?
Hi marbuck,
I believe it was 30 euros for a double room, and 10 euros for the meal.
Buen camino,
Helen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back