Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

A Pobra do Brollón albergue, round three.

Past OR future Camino
Next up 2022?
A Pobra do Brollón could really use an albergue, as the town is perfectly situated on the long stage between Quiroga and Monforte. It's not for lack of effort; people are trying.

Now for the third time the process has hit a snag:

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.

peregrina2000

Staff member
This delay really makes things hard for those who don’t want to or can’t walk the 35 km from Qiroga to Monforte.

The Pensión Pacita is apparently still closed near Barxa de Lor. Didn’t someone visit there recently and say it was hopeful they would re-open soon?

This makes the Casa Rural in Salcedo the only option I can think of.

See this post for good inforation on different ways to get there. It is very walkable, and the path along the river looks very pretty. The next day you would have about 18 km walking into Monforte de Lemos. Having a short walk into a nice town like Monforte is a treat.

Does anyone know of other options to break up the Quiroga to Monforte stage?

Buen camino, Laurie

El Cascayal

Past OR future Camino
This delay really makes things hard for those who don’t want to or can’t walk the 35 km from Qiroga to Monforte.

The Pensión Pacita is apparently still closed near Barxa de Lor. Didn’t someone visit there recently and say it was hopeful they would re-open soon?

Seethis postfor good inforation on different ways to get there. It is very walkable, and the path along the river looks very pretty. The next day you would have about 18 km walking into Monforte de Lemos. Having a short walk into a nice town like Monforte is a treat.

Buen camino, Laurie
Happy 2022 to all. I went by Casa Pacita this November just to say Hello. Pacita is very sick and recovering slowly. Please keep her, her husband & son in your prayers. As of yet no immediate plans to re-open.

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Doughnut NZ

From Aotearoa New Zealand
Past OR future Camino

Seethis postfor good inforation on different ways to get there. It is very walkable, and the path along the river looks very pretty. The next day you would have about 18 km walking into Monforte de Lemos. Having a short walk into a nice town like Monforte is a treat.

Buen camino, Laurie
Am I missing something? The Dutch Confraternity show a number of options in association with their map. One option is https://casasuarna.com/tarifas-hotel.asp for example.

Am I in the correct part of Spain?

Doughnut NZ

Past OR future Camino
Here is a screenshot of the list of accommodation that they have associated with the Invierno.
Screenshot_20220102-102643.png
It appears 7th from the top. In addition the place immediately below it, Hostal As Viñas, is in the same town but I can't find it via Google. The Dutch do publish the address and phone number though.

If anyone wants this information and can't access the Dutch map themselves then I could re-publish it, on request.

Past OR future Camino
Next up 2022?

Doughnut NZ

Past OR future Camino
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Ah, the Hostal As Viñas. I stayed there once — Lovely couple, good home-cooked food, all clothes washed for you. For years it was on the verge of closing, the older couple trying to cajole their son to take over the business. He was working there, but not loving it and finally must have gotten a job he liked better. So they closed it.

Kinky has told great stories about his beer-drinking afternoons with the owner.

After the pensión closed, the town started with the makeshift albergue in the polideportivo, at least during summer months. It’s been several years, and it looks like it won’t be anytime soon.

And the Hotel Casa Suarna is in a town called Proba, so maybe they mixed it up with Pobra de Brollón.

Thanks for the sleuthing!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings