• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A positive Spanish music thread

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Hey everyone!

Too many " negative vibes " threads here lately ( IMHO ) that remind me of the " Byzantine discussion " aka " the discussion of existence and nature of angels " :D;) Those who have not heard from this , google it : interesting ;)

Anyway...we already have some music threads but not one , I believe, that covers only Spanish music.
All genres are included.
So do post if you want...

I will start.

Flamenco with Tomatito!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As you might expect from my past posts mentioning Jordi Savall, here is another recording from his Alia Vox catalogue but this time it is a group of young Basque musicians and singers that he was promoting..

I can't view videos on this computer so I'm not sure this music fits but here goes anyway.

This weekend May 27 and 28, 2017 a group named Meravelha will perform in Boston "The Road Most Traveled" which "features music from several stops along the ancient pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela and explores the both the lighter and more ponderous aspects of the religious journey, culminating in the celebration of arrival. The music includes Cantigas de Santa Maria, selections from the Codex Las Huelgas and Codex Calixtinus and features exotic melodies and dance-like rhythms that will get your head bobbing and toe tapping!"

For schedule and cost see: http://www.meravelha.com/

Gallarda Napolitina with its origins in Italy played by Spanish and Mexican musicians - this piece has got me through some very low points in life, almost can't resist the impulse to dance whenever I hear it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks so much for all these positive vibes ! There is nothing wrong with a wee bit of flamengo. (I am actually living next to a tapas bar offering regular live flamengo concerts - so I am happy to be able to get these vibes, by just walking down two stairs, and then 10 meters to the left....lucky me)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you so much for posting this @Purky. Rolf Lislevand is such a fine musician. I saw him performing with Jordi Savall and other musicians in London last autumn. I was accompanied by a peregrina I met walking the CF in 2015, it's not really surprising how music draws people together from all over the world.

All right this one is sheer indulgence but as someone who was born in Barnsley (what used to be a mining town) in Yorkshire, I just love this combination of Spain with composer Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez Adagio played by an icon of British working class culture, the Grimethorpe Colliery Brass Band. Don't worry I won't post any more.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Carlos Nuñez y Montserrat Caballé - two lovely people. I am not sure if it qualifies as 'Spanish Music', but they have been singing it in Spain, as elsewhere, for over a thousand years. And there is a Spanish flavour here. It is the 'standard' plainchant Latin version of the Marian hymn Salve Regina.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I arrived at the cathedral at the end of my first Camino Frances some dance music by Milladoiro was playing from one of the souvenir shops. Very joyous and lively. I've always associated the band with Santiago and the Camino since then. Here is the final few minutes of a concert in front of a very happy Gallego crowd in A Coruna - wonderful stuff!

Carlos Nunez, a fabulous Galician musician. Writes a lot of stuff himself, including this one. Camino de Santiago.
Carlos Nunez is brilliant. I have many recordings in i tunes my favourite being amenecer. Unfortunately I lack the tech skills to get the music from my library to this forum.

€149,-
Hey everyone!

Too many " negative vibes " threads here lately ( IMHO ) that remind me of the " Byzantine discussion " aka " the discussion of existence and nature of angels " :D;) Those who have not heard from this , google it : interesting ;)

Anyway...we already have some music threads but not one , I believe, that covers only Spanish music.
All genres are included.
So do post if you want...

I will start.

Flamenco with Tomatito!

Vi a tomatio hace tiempo enDublin,es un gran guitarrista.Buen camino para todos,yo empiezo el mio el 3 de junio desde S.G.D.P.D.P hasta Puente de la reina,
me podeis indicar si hay autobuses directos desde puente la reina a bilbao.Gracias

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Vi a tomatio hace tiempo enDublin,es un gran guitarrista.Buen camino para todos,yo empiezo el mio el 3 de junio desde S.G.D.P.D.P hasta Puente de la reina,
me podeis indicar si hay autobuses directos desde puente la reina a bilbao.Gracias

Hola and Welcome here. Pienso que es mas facil continuar en Ingles porque es un foro internacional.
This is a lovely place and take your time to navigate through this forum.

To answer your question : no direct lines but there are some possibilities.
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Puente-la-Reina/Bilbao

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@timr ; Talking about learning spanish : our teacher at adult eveningschool made us listen to this song...She sings it so slowly that he felt certain we woul be able to understand it completely. He probably thought Manu Chao was too difficult for us...:)

Luz Casal....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well more Spanish than the Salve Rociera is not possible...Still very moving for me as a lapsed catholic ;)
So many versions...This is why I'm so in love with Spain.

Or this one..bad quality recording but what an emotion : the bride singing.

And a choir at another wedding.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for this thread!

When I'm walking I often think of these who do so from necessity, not from joy as is my privilege. And the soundtrack for those musings is always this song by Manu Chao (who is Spanish by background, French by nationality, and borderless by disposition).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't remember where I stumbled into this, but I like this piece from Catalunyan jazz drummer Marc Ayza.

When I arrived at the cathedral at the end of my first Camino Frances some dance music by Milladoiro was playing from one of the souvenir shops. Very joyous and lively. I've always associated the band with Santiago and the Camino since then. Here is the final few minutes of a concert in front of a very happy Gallego crowd in A Coruna - wonderful stuff!

I have had the pleasure of watching Milladoiro in Chantada 10 years ago. Stood at the front an took a lot of video. This was my first fiesta concert, so it was all new to me. Arrived at the Plaza Santa Ana, looked around fora ticket office or booth. Nothing, just loads of folk milling around talking, at the bars drinking. Just could not believe that a group like this would be a free entry concert. Seen some more Galician groups since always free.
Here is the video. Sorry about the quality but did not have an HD camera or the skills to make a decent intro in those days. Magic night.

This is a lovely thread. I've whiled away some time listening and learning.

Here's Chavela Vargas.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Nice, Sabine! I'm interested in seeing what shows up here :)

The local flavor comes through with the Tunas in Santiago:

I am not sure if this file uploads. Un Canto a Galicia. First time user newbie. Will be doing my first camino en Septiembre. But this song has always been a favourite as early as early 70's.

Last edited:

I am not sure if this file uploads. Un Canto a Galicia. First time user newbie. Will be doing my first camino en Septiembre. But this song has always been a favourite as early as early 70's.

Yes, Julio Iglesias, Martin Sheen and Fidel Castro are the most famous half Galician in history.

I don´t know if this could be considered Spanish music (probably not), but in Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. Mark Knofler says in a perfect Spanish "Baby Quiero Queso Roñoso" (Baby I Want Rusty Cheese) The original pharse is "Maybe Get a Blíster on Your Thumb"

Listening these songs, I almost cry.
A very important one is missing. Los Manolos at the closing of the Olympic Games in Barcelona singing "Amigos para Siempre". Can anyone put it? I can not.
Thank you.

Thanks Sabine
Magic moments.
And many years less

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One of my favourite spanish songs. If you're having difficulty with the Spanish it's due to the fact that it is Mallorcan Spanish.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ok...happy to see this thread continuing! Especially considering how easily we can get sucked into negative thoughts/threads! At least that's how it is for me these days. So my offering, which I believe I first heard from someone here on the Camino Forum.
Shared with a special thought for someone who I'd always have musical conversations with...Ian. Miss being able to waste an hour or more sharing a new artist with you!!

€60,-
Good to see this thread bubbling to the surface again :) By coincidence I was listening to a great piece of music earlier today: a 1990s album collaboration of Irish, Galician and American musicians. Might be a few other nationalities in there. About an hour's mix of folk tunes, dance tunes, religious chant and songs. A celebration of Celtic connections themed around Galicia and Santiago :)

Good to see this thread bubbling to the surface again :) By coincidence I was listening to a great piece of music earlier today: a 1990s album collaboration of Irish, Galician and American musicians. Might be a few other nationalities in there. About an hour's mix of folk tunes, dance tunes, religious chant and songs. A celebration of Celtic connections themed around Galicia and Santiago :)
Love this ,especially the last track.Have tried to get dvd of this ,having seen it once on u tube,but alas have failed to find it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oh good! Well if the thread is getting a revival can I offer a version of AC/DC's Thunderstruck by a wonderful traditional group of musicians form Pontevedra, I know it's been featured in another thread sometime ago but worth seeing again. Look out for the tiny girl in the group looking out to see what the leader is doing. Apologies had to do an edit as first version included ads

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good! Well if the thread is getting a revival can I offer a version of AC/DC's Thunderstruck by a wonderful traditional group of musicians form Pontevedra, I know it's been featured in another thread sometime ago but worth seeing again. Look out for the tiny girl in the group looking out to see what the leader is doing. Apologies had to do an edit as first version included ads

Fantastic!! My face aches from smiling and laughing!

And now for something completely different : lightweight song but instant party feeling. Everyone who knew a ten year old in 2002 : they were dancing and jumping on this song ...:D Las Ketchup...

Double like. I was going to add this myself!

It will be stuck in your head for days now :):)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Something short and quiet and meditative. A piece of music written by a Belgian, named after an area of northern Spain, dedicated to pilgrims on the Caminos, and played by an American who lives in Brittany on a very beautiful and unique hybrid instrument! Very much a personal connection with this one. While walking the Camino Frances in 2016 I had the great good fortune to hear this musician on two consecutive evenings. First at a fundraising recital in Carrion de los Condes. Then the next night (entirely unplanned by me) at a special event in Moratinos to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the arrival of @Rebekah Scott and Paddy in the village. A very memorable evening in lots of ways.

Fun to see this thread revived. I'm not that keen on Sarah Brightman, but who can resist this music and the photos of Galicia and our beloved Cathedral?

Galicia, Moment of Peace

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It doesn't get more Spanish than this! I just stumbled upon this combo of "Tarantelas" by Santiago de Murcia and "Canarios" by Gaspar Sanz, masterfully played by Miguel Rincón. The best rendition of Canarios I have ever heard. The smile on my face just won't go away...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
So glad this thread popped up again. I have enjoyed listening to so many of these songs. Anyone who has walked the Mozárabe knows that a song to olive groves and the people who work in them is a very appropriate song to belt out at 6:30 in the morning as the sun is rising and there is nothing in front of you or behind you except olive trees.

Based on a poem by Miguel Hernandez and sung by a (then young) Paco Ibañez.

Lyrics in Spanish: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/paco-ibañez-andaluces-de-jaén-lyrics.html
Lyrics in English: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/andaluces-de-jaén-andalusians-jaén.html

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.