• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD A query re COVID paperwork from Ireland

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
FW 4 times
Portuguese 1 time
Dear fellow life pilgrims and readers,

I intend to fly with Ryanair from Dublin to Biarritz on August 7th in roughly 3 weeks time.

When I arrive in Biarritz I will get a bus to the train station and then get a train to St. Jean.

I hope to begin walking the next day the 8th of August.

I have plans to meet old camino friends whom I've kept in touch with in Pamplona on the 10th of August.

I expect to be in good time, it'll take 3 days to walk to Pamplona.

I last done the CF in 2016 and I walked from St. Jean to Zariquiegui in 3 days so an early stop in Pamplona will be great.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up again with my old pals.

My query.

I have been double vaccinated and have my vaccination verification identity card from the Irish Government.

What paperwork must I have of Covid relevance on presentation at the pilgrims office in St. Jean?

Do I need any other paperwork for Spanish authorities on entering Spain?

I greatly appreciate any replies on this subject.

Any other relevant tips please inform me here or direct me to somewhere you recommend.

I've done this route a few times but Covid may threw up some unexpected wobblers that may not be expected eg. accommodation.

As an addition I must say that the call of the camino is drawing me back once again.
My most recent in 2018 was the longest walk you can do within the Iberian peninsula.
(That actually maybe disputed) I walked from Tarifa the most southerly point in Spain to Santiago via Algeciras (Camino Estrecho) via Ronda (Camino Serrana) via Seville (Camino de la Plata) via Tabara (Camino Sanabres) and then on to Fisterra via Muxia. It was an amazing adventure. Two of my fellow travellers I met on that camino are my friends who hope to meet in Pamplona on the 10th of August God willing everything will turn out ok. Buen camino and stay safe.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This site from the Spanish government should answer your questions about what you need to enter the country. You won't need to show the staff in the Pilgrims Office anything regarding your Covid vaccine status.

According to that link anyone arriving overland into Spain just needs their vaccination verification which I have. Thank you trecile.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
An oversight here by me for sure. It's only just dawned on me that I'm flying from Ireland into France, duh. Any knowledge or info about French Covid stipulations?

Typing ‘Ireland to France Covid’ into a well-known search engine unsurprisingly brings up the information you’re seeking

It looks like an Irish government website to me but, these days, who knows?

Thanks.
Typing ‘Ireland to France Covid’ into a well-known search engine unsurprisingly brings up the information you’re seeking

Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wishing you well, I'm a fellow Irish. I'm hoping to do a Camino in late September. Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but I am seeing covid figures rise in Catalonia an Basque country. Fingers and toes crossed 😊

Wishing you well, I'm a fellow Irish. I'm hoping to do a Camino in late September. Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but I am seeing covid figures rise in Catalonia an Basque country. Fingers and toes crossed 😊
Hi Paddy
Delta variant cases rising also here in Ireland.Yesterday 900 +in the South and over 1,000 in the North.😲.
Take care

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

It is indeed Irish. Even with a degree in circumnavigating official-speak, the key in Covid times is to realise that in an hour's time there could be a change of regulations. For the sake of the op, whose moniker illustrates the point (of the moniker) let me say: I hope you will not be prevented. If you are, because of French rules, even at the last minute you could get an Aer Lingus flight to Bilbao and a bus to Pamplona. I know, money is an issue here. All you can do is try not to break your head worrying. If it works out, good. If it doesn't, disappointment. Either way, a story told by Tony de Mello:good luck, bad luck, who knows? might put it in perspective for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.