• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A really handy 'Camino Planner'

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great planner! I wish I had seen that before my walk. I hope they include other routes.

Godesalco.plan

A number of members have recommended this webiste in the past.

It was recently updated: - Arturo Murias 21st July:

"I changed the whole data for this route about 3 - 4 weeks ago.
Hopefully (a) all the villages are listed in the data base now (although
they cannot appear in the profile image, due to the lack of available space, but they should appear in the excel file generated in the Camino Planner and in http://www.godesalco.com/maps ), (b) all the names for the small villages in Galicia are always the right ones (always an issue, sometimes even for the locals) and (c) the distances are more accurate now.
Opposite to the two other routes available in the Camno Planner, I have not walked this one with my GPS. So formerly I took the distances data from guidebooks. But now they are taken from GPS track files that I collected over the Internet, revised using GPS software, and calculations of distances done with a script I wrote in PHP. I still have to perform another revision of the distances between Roncesvalles and Astorga, so a new change is expected for october (I don't think I am having time enough before). Yet, accuracy is good now, and very good for Astorga onwards... hopefully.
Nevertheless, you have to take into account that distances can be measured in different points for the same city. I have tried to choose the albergue de peregrinos when possible; otherwise some central significant point has been chosen. You can check this at http://www.godesalco.com/maps ."

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How do I get English?

Unless I'm ordering white coffee or red wine and tapas my Spanish runs out quickly. :oops:

How do I get an english version? I'm technologically challenged as well as linguistically. :roll:

Thanks o' wise ones.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Mine is still mostly in Spanish

Hi Minkey, (Man of few words)

O.K. my Spanish is bad but I do know the difference between Spanish and English!! :wink:

Lillypond has the same problem in that apart from a few pages when I log on es muy muy espanol.

What are we doing wrong?

Cheers Ann

Maybe for some reason you are arriving at the index page for the site, which is in Spanish. If so, look for the link down the side that says "Planificador". At the top right on the Planificador page you get "English" written on the top right. If you click on that you end up with the English page linking you to planning for three routes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry! I only see it in English... Oh... and if you think YOUR Spanish is bad, wait untilio you heario me! :-D

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back