• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Reminder For Our Jewish Brethren on the Camino

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Walking the Camino it is so very easy to forget the date, not know which day of the week it is, though we can usually barely manage with what time it may be. A timely reminder for those Jewish Pilgrims on the Camino (far more than you think!). This Wednesday evening. April 5th begins the Passover Celebrations. Happy Passover!!! You might not need that fourth cup of wine come Wednesday - try to drink one glass more for the holiday. Please Mr/Ms Modedrator, I know this is not the most appropriate forum to post my message but it is important enough to leave for a day or two for the word to spread. Do leave it up.
HappyPassoverChalkboard.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’d love to find a Seder in Tui, Spain. there is apparently a number of Jewish families there. Any ideas about how to contact them?

I’d love to find a Seder in Tui, Spain. there is apparently a number of Jewish families there. Any ideas about how to contact them?
Perhaps this section re Tui
from the Guide Patrimoine Juif en Europe will help you find more information.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a synagogue and community centre in Oviedo for pilgrims on the Primitivo or El Salvador. As well, I heard third-hand that a Jewish pilgrim looking for high holiday services got information on a house service from the ecumenical officer of the Diocese of Lugo, and his counterpart in Tui would likely know if there was anything. As well, the turismo might have an idea.

Synagogues, cemeteries, and settlements: Spain’s hidden Jewish heritage are described in an English article in El Pais by Vincente G. Olaya published 13 April, 2023. Perhaps you may have visited some of these special sites during your camino.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We didn't find a single Jewish family or trace of a live community to join, but my daughter and I put together a beautiful seder-lite and invited a few friends from the Camino to join us. Since they had never attended a seder, they were actually interested in hearing all about the story. Our make-shift seder plate featured a lamb bone, egg, lettuce for bitter herb, parsely, and some home-made charoses. I highly recommend that future Camino peregrinos create their own seder and share it with our brethren! Chag somayach, Stefano

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...
I am hiking the Norte and Primitive routes starting May 16, 2024. This will be my first Camino. I have access to the Buen Camino app, Gronze, and a guidebook which are all excellent at providing...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back