A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A reminder of the Portugués

2020 Camino Guides

JohnLloyd

Camino(s) past & future
Francés from SJPDP to SdC - Autumn 2018
Portugués from Porto to Sdc - Spring 2019
Francés again ASAP
In the absence of actually being able to walk the Camino any time soon, I’m going to remind myself of the places I’ve already been, and to be thankful for those journeys and to celebrate them.

I’ve knocked this up in iMovie this afternoon.

I reckon you could all do something similar too.

Have a go.

The Portugués

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese 2018
Camino Ingles, Caminos Muxia and Finisterre 2019
Thank you @JohnLloyd it brought back very precious memories of my first Camino. October 2018 and it was so HOT! I now really want to walk it again.

Airfix

Camino(s) past & future
Past - Sarria to Santiago May 19;
Future-
Sept 19
May20
Thanks John, we cancelled our Portuguese Camino this year, was due to start April. This is next best thing.

JohnLloyd

Camino(s) past & future
Francés again ASAP
Thanks John, we cancelled our Portuguese Camino this year, was due to start April. This is next best thing.
I have 225 photos of my April Portugués in a Dropbox folder. You're welcome to see all of them if you want!

Charbias

Camino(s) past & future
St James Way ( 2011)
Portuguese Way - Lisbon to Porto ( 2020)
In the absence of actually being able to walk the Camino any time soon, I’m going to remind myself of the places I’ve already been, and to be thankful for those journeys and to celebrate them.

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thanks for the movie - thoroughly enjoyed watching it - I had planned to walk from Lisbon to Porto in April - but......still time to plan again.

AndreaCT

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2016 Camino Frances to Leon
Fall 2017 Camino Frances to Finisterre
May 2019 Portuguese
Thank you John! I loved watching this. I managed to lose all of my Portuguese Camino pictures, except for the ones that I sent to my husband. It is a beautiful walk and I think I'll do it again one day and actually save my next round of pictures.

JohnLloyd

Camino(s) past & future
Francés again ASAP
Thanks for the movie - thoroughly enjoyed watching it - I had planned to walk from Lisbon to Porto in April - but......still time to plan again.
From the friends I found on the Porto to SdC stretch of the Portugués who had walked from the capital, there was very little good said about the Lisbon to Porto segment.

I'd ask for more opinions on that, but it's worth keeping in mind when you plan.

JohnLloyd

Camino(s) past & future
Francés again ASAP
Thank you John! I loved watching this. I managed to lose all of my Portuguese Camino pictures, except for the ones that I sent to my husband. It is a beautiful walk and I think I'll do it again one day and actually save my next round of pictures.
See above! If you want to trawl your way through all 225 of the pics I took and select the ones that mirror the ones that you lost, you're welcome to do so.

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015
CP 2018
U cant say that without putting up the recipe lol ! Got lots of lockdown time to try it !
Sorry!

Best ever...well, short of going back to Porto for some port! Good thing I have some in my stores!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago, St Jean to Santuago, 2015
Camino Portuguese, 2018

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thank you!! Saudades.

amorfati1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)

Have a go.

The Portugués
lovely journey-ing with you. thanks mucho for sharing this. recognising many of the places you captured, i feel ever such gratitude for having been able to experience a blessed pilgrimage. Thanks again kindly. C

Camino(s) past & future
CF September (2019) SJPP to Logrono
CF May/June (2020) Logrono to ? (Delayed)
The pictures are well taken and very well stitched together. I think the music was a good choice too. I hadn't given the CP much thought, but its definitely got my attention for the future.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015
CP 2018
The pictures are well taken and very well stitched together. I think the music was a good choice too. I hadn't given the CP much thought, but its definitely got my attention for the future.
Thank you for sharing with us.
If you start in Porto- it is one of the most beautiful places to stay...try the tarts and the many port houses!
We took the bus back for a couple of days to explore Porto after we reached Santiago. Only a 3 hr bus ride!

JohnLloyd

Camino(s) past & future
Francés again ASAP
After my Francés, I journeyed to San Sebastián to meet friends for a stag weekend.

It took just ten hours for a train to whisk me back to a point in Spain not far from my start in SJPDP five weeks earlier.

That was weird.

Airfix

Camino(s) past & future
Future-
Sept 19
May20
I have 225 photos of my April Portugués in a Dropbox folder. You're welcome to see all of them if you want!
Thanks John, it has been a while since I used Dropbox. But send me the link and I'll try.

Krista Rogman

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2016), Camino Portugues (2017)

Have a go.

The Portugués
I've walked the Cami o Portugues twice. The second time I walked the Varient Espiritual.
Your movie was well done and brought back many lovely memories.

stevelm1

Recovering Perigrino
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep-Oct 2015, Camino Portuguese in Sep-Oct 2019. I might have one more Camino in me.
In the spirit of sharing a little memory of past Camino's here is a shot from the coastal route in Portugal from last Sep.0'ArrowVinesAndMist.JPG

Roz.K

Camino(s) past & future
Coastal Camino Portugues (2019)

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thank you John Lloyd,I watched with tears in my eyes. My husband and I were due to fly to Porto tomorrow, and because of this horrible virus that is impacting the world, we had to cancel. We walked the Coastal Portugues last year and fell in love with the Camino. Hopefully, we will walk it again when all this is over.

Lacroix

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese (2020)

Have a go.

The Portugués
Very well done. Thank you for that!

Airfix

Camino(s) past & future
Future-
Sept 19
May20
Hi John, got a chance to download and save photos today. Will have an evening looking through this week. Noticed you were in Santiago on 9th May and we arrived on 10th May...could have rubbed shoulders!.
We walked from Sarria that time, a bit of a reccy before wife walked from SJPP in September. The Portuguese route looks great, we have already planned for next April. Thanks again.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock