• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A reminder of the Portugués

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2018), Português (2019), Inglés (2022)
In the absence of actually being able to walk the Camino any time soon, I’m going to remind myself of the places I’ve already been, and to be thankful for those journeys and to celebrate them.

I’ve knocked this up in iMovie this afternoon.

I reckon you could all do something similar too.

Have a go.

The Portugués

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks John, we cancelled our Portuguese Camino this year, was due to start April. This is next best thing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks John, we cancelled our Portuguese Camino this year, was due to start April. This is next best thing.
I have 225 photos of my April Portugués in a Dropbox folder. You're welcome to see all of them if you want!

In the absence of actually being able to walk the Camino any time soon, I’m going to remind myself of the places I’ve already been, and to be thankful for those journeys and to celebrate them.

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thanks for the movie - thoroughly enjoyed watching it - I had planned to walk from Lisbon to Porto in April - but......still time to plan again.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you John! I loved watching this. I managed to lose all of my Portuguese Camino pictures, except for the ones that I sent to my husband. It is a beautiful walk and I think I'll do it again one day and actually save my next round of pictures.

Thanks for the movie - thoroughly enjoyed watching it - I had planned to walk from Lisbon to Porto in April - but......still time to plan again.
From the friends I found on the Porto to SdC stretch of the Portugués who had walked from the capital, there was very little good said about the Lisbon to Porto segment.

I'd ask for more opinions on that, but it's worth keeping in mind when you plan.

Thank you John! I loved watching this. I managed to lose all of my Portuguese Camino pictures, except for the ones that I sent to my husband. It is a beautiful walk and I think I'll do it again one day and actually save my next round of pictures.
See above! If you want to trawl your way through all 225 of the pics I took and select the ones that mirror the ones that you lost, you're welcome to do so.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
U cant say that without putting up the recipe lol ! Got lots of lockdown time to try it !
Sorry!

Best ever...well, short of going back to Porto for some port! Good thing I have some in my stores!

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thank you!! Saudades.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Have a go.

The Portugués
lovely journey-ing with you. thanks mucho for sharing this. recognising many of the places you captured, i feel ever such gratitude for having been able to experience a blessed pilgrimage. Thanks again kindly. C

The pictures are well taken and very well stitched together. I think the music was a good choice too. I hadn't given the CP much thought, but its definitely got my attention for the future.
Thank you for sharing with us.

The pictures are well taken and very well stitched together. I think the music was a good choice too. I hadn't given the CP much thought, but its definitely got my attention for the future.
Thank you for sharing with us.
If you start in Porto- it is one of the most beautiful places to stay...try the tarts and the many port houses!
We took the bus back for a couple of days to explore Porto after we reached Santiago. Only a 3 hr bus ride!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
After my Francés, I journeyed to San Sebastián to meet friends for a stag weekend.

It took just ten hours for a train to whisk me back to a point in Spain not far from my start in SJPDP five weeks earlier.

That was weird.

I have 225 photos of my April Portugués in a Dropbox folder. You're welcome to see all of them if you want!
Thanks John, it has been a while since I used Dropbox. But send me the link and I'll try.

Have a go.

The Portugués
I've walked the Cami o Portugues twice. The second time I walked the Varient Espiritual.
Your movie was well done and brought back many lovely memories.

In the spirit of sharing a little memory of past Camino's here is a shot from the coastal route in Portugal from last Sep.0'ArrowVinesAndMist.JPG

Have a go.

The Portugués
Thank you John Lloyd,I watched with tears in my eyes. My husband and I were due to fly to Porto tomorrow, and because of this horrible virus that is impacting the world, we had to cancel. We walked the Coastal Portugues last year and fell in love with the Camino. Hopefully, we will walk it again when all this is over.

Have a go.

The Portugués
Very well done. Thank you for that!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi John, got a chance to download and save photos today. Will have an evening looking through this week. Noticed you were in Santiago on 9th May and we arrived on 10th May...could have rubbed shoulders!.
We walked from Sarria that time, a bit of a reccy before wife walked from SJPP in September. The Portuguese route looks great, we have already planned for next April. Thanks again.

Sorry!

Best ever...well, short of going back to Porto for some port! Good thing I have some in my stores!
Belated thanks... yet to try it but looks great !

Funny this morning my phone compiled some April memories from two years ago and I saw a happy me walking the litoral. You first picture with the boardwalks some me right back in time and I saw a happy me there .So you just reminded me of better days and thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola John - thanks very much, now you have me all psyched up again - ready to go. Provided the Covid19 and my body hold up. Fingers crossed and small prayer or two said for Sept 2020.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back