• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A second video from the Le Puy route, Conques - Cahors

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
Here is my second video from the Le Puy route - the part in the middle - from Conques to Cahors. We walked a few short sections on the main route, GR65. From Figeac, we took a detour to Rocamadour, GR6 (time on the video 00:56), and after Figeac we chose the alternative route through the Célé valley, GR651 (time on the video 06:50).
(My first video from this route: GR65, Camino de Santiago, Chemin de Saint Jacques, Le Puy - Conques Part 2/9. I also have a video from Cluny to Le Puy: Camino de Santiago, Chemin de Saint Jacques, Cluny - Le Puy Part 1/9. And four from Camino Norte in Spain: Camino del Norte, Camino de Santiago, Irun - Santander, Part 6/9. Camino del Norte, Camino de Santiago, Santander - Luarca, Part 7/9. Camino del Norte, Camino de Santiago, Luarca - Santiago, Part 8/9. Camino de Finisterre/Fisterra, Camino de Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre, Part 9/9.)
For more photo-videos, see my channel:

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wow, it's looks wonderful. I'd love to walk from Le Puy some day. If my legs would hold out long enough!
Is the route as well sign posted as the CF?
At least my French is a bit better than my Spanish. Which wouldn't be too hard :oops:

Just heading off to day dream a bit :rolleyes:

Yes, @Robo, it is very well signposted - although some of the cross-roads can be a bit confusing - the French have a wonderful system of long distance walks and at places the Chermin intersects with those other walks.

I loved the Le Puy so much I walked it twice. And would walk it again in a flash.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As you can see @Robo, I have put in the GR-numbers in my video. This is the French system of numbering their long distance walks. The main route to Spain and Santiago from Le Puy has number GR65. Because of this system, you can also find alternatives. In my video, you see the choice of the alternative GR651 through the Célé-valley. Just as well marked as the GR65. (The picture in front with "Santiago 1236 km" is from the GR651 in the Célé-valley.) Even the detour up to Rocamadour (GR6), were we met no other walkers for four days, was well marked.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back