• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés

A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Favorite albergues, 2019 version.

No permission to download

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
ivar submitted a new resource:

Albergues camino Francés a selection of favorite albergues - Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances

View attachment 9261

Albergues on the Camino Francés

There are over 350 albergues along the camino. And the number is increasing every year. In this summary a selection has been made of the most favorite albergues, based on the reviews from previous year's pilgrims. These reviews were found on German, English, French, Dutch, Italian and Spanish websites and forums as well as in guides such as 'the CaminoGuide.net', 'das gelbe Heft' from the Jakobsfreunde Paderborn,
the Camino...

Read more about this resource...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Ivar
I saw this come 'up' on Facebook newsfeed too, this morning and thought 'great'.

Question about info coming thru generally from the forum ontoFacebook. This is fantastic. I was wondering if I had changed something in my settings to receive it or is it new? Either way I'm very happy and share some of it ..
It's inspiring.
Annie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No error link just won't open
Is the download link grey or orange? It needs to be orange, which means that you are logged in. If this is not the problem, then I don't know. It has been downloaded by almost 90 people since it was published and I have not heard of anyone else with a similar problem... it might be a browser problem.

The direct link to the file is:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...f-favorite-albergues.140/download?version=131
(You need to be logged in to the forum).

Saludos,
Ivar

Is this a closed file Ivar? Or can more Albergues be added to it?
Two of my all time favourites have been left off:
La Casa de la Abuela in Los Arcos
and
Albergue Villares de Orbigo in Villares de Orbigo.

Both are Albergues being run by their owners, each with a lot of charm and personal attention.
Anne

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
and

Both are Albergues being run by their owners, each with a lot of charm and personal attention.
Anne
This list of albergues is maintained by @Ton van Tilburg , if you get in touch with him I am sure that he will listen to new input.

Thanks!
Ivar

I appreciate all the work put into this document as it will make some of our choices that much easier. Thank you Ton and Ivar.

Robert

and

Anne
Hi Anna,
I am very happy with your remarks. The idea of the whole thing is that with the comments people make
I can improve this summary and get it close to perfection (which of course can never be reached, but still...).
At this very moment I am doing the via de la Plata (started yesterday), so I will be of the hook for the next 7 - 8 weeks,
but as soon as I am back home I will plunge into the matter again.
Ton

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
OK, that's great Ton. I didn't know how to get back to you! You're idea is fantastic !
Buen Camino!
Anne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ivar, when I tap on the link it takes me to a story in the Florida Sun Sentinel about pilgrims arriving in a Santiago, posted by GASpangler. Nothing about albergues.

Kanga
I get the same link you do. Back to 2005. But it is pilgrim related ! Nothing to do with albergues.
Annie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Ivar, I can't download this (Orange) link - just get a message "chrome cannot download this file" I'll try safari.

Richo.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ivan and Ton,
Thanks for this great job. Just one question: I have downloaded the file several times, and page 23 is always empty. Is this correct?

José Oliveira - SP/Brasil

Ivan and Ton,
Thanks for this great job. Just one question: I have downloaded the file several times, and page 23 is always empty. Is this correct?

José Oliveira - SP/Brasil
Hi José,
Yes, that"s correct. With 24 pages you can print it as a little booklet, with 2 pages on each side and both sides printed.
So there is one blank page 23.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
this is a great entry, good maps to follow as well. I only wish we can include some favorites that we like as well where we stayed. Many thanks

Hi José,
Yes, that"s correct. With 24 pages you can print it as a little booklet, with 2 pages on each side and both sides printed.
So there is one blank page 23.
I downloaded into my eight inch tablet on a kindle. works great and easy to read with the maps

this is a great entry, good maps to follow as well. I only wish we can include some favorites that we like as well where we stayed. Many thanks

I'll be happy with your nput. Please send your favorites to atilburg1@chello.nl so i can use them in a next edition.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Attachments

• DSC_3521.JPG
    DSC_3521.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 14

€83,-
Im heading for el Camino next week.
I found your resource to be a great resource :) on my previous walk.
No pressure, just a reminder if you forgot.
I will post your resource on my blog.
I am working hard on it. Probably the new edition 2017 will be ready in a week or two.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Ivar and Ton. It's a great work!

and

Anne
Both of these Albergue are on the list!

Another pic from my post
---
TMA: Tue May 23 2017 09:10:44 GMT+0100 (BST).jpg

Attachments

• TMA: Tue May 23 2017 09:09:04 GMT+0100 (BST).jpg
    TMA: Tue May 23 2017 09:09:04 GMT+0100 (BST).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looks great, but even though I'm logged in, when I click on the orange button, it says that I don't have permission to write

Looks great, but even though I'm logged in, when I click on the orange button, it says that I don't have permission to write
I tried to download it, and it went well. Maybe try again. If it still is not working send an email to tonacvan@gmail.com and I will send you the guide.

This is exactly what I was looking for. It downloaded Okay on the first try.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Boni's albergue is charging 12 now, FYI.
...And speaking of which, I was a little puzzled by the two shell rating. Boni is a star, but the albergue has outdoor showers, no communal meals and no cooking facilities, so two shells seemed rather generous. Well, that's just my two cents worth anyway. Buen camino!

I am unable to open download. The box is orange, and when I open PDF it is in 'hieroglyphics!! Any suggestions?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I really enjoyed my stay in Salceda with Boni. The showers may be outside in a warm, special bathhouse, but they are the best showers on the entire Camino! 6 jets of hot water! When we arrived, he took our soaking wet ponchos, hung them on clotheslines to dry, gave us time to get settled, before having us pay, etc. showed us his fabulous showers, and did our laundry for us. Will definitely stay here again. (there was a large kitchen here for people to use, but I didn't look at what was available)

This is so helpful, thanks so much for this resource! :) Very much appreciated!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you!

This document has been put together and created by @Ton van Tilburg (He sent it to me to be published).

So a big thank you to him!
Ivar
Great guide. We are at Albergue ALEA in Ponferrada. Lovely. The proprietor asked to add her mobile phone to the favorite guide when you update.
660 416 201. When she isn’t in the Albergue no one can answer the other number. So please publish both. Muchas gracias. I’m grateful for this guide. It’s taken us to wonderful Albergues. Please pass this on to Ton if possible. Buen Camino, Irene Lipshin

Simple question - do you have to book ahead for albergues or can you just turn up on the day?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Simple question - do you have to book ahead for albergues or can you just turn up on the day?
It depends on what time of high or low season you are walking - and how popular the place is.
I personally tried to prebook, especially if I knew I really wanted to stay in that place.

If you decide to preplan where to stay the nights, then you must always plan ahead, the day before, how far you should walk the next day.
Here are some examples of my daily walks and stretches;
El Camino to Santiago

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.