• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

A Selection of Favorite Albergues on the Camino?

Bob Howard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 2018 2022
Ivar probably knows the answer to this. For a few years up until Covid, I much enjoyed the annual update (last one 2019). I assume Covid interrupted it. Anyone know if the author plans to resume updating.

screen-shot-2017-05-01-at-1-05-37-pm-png.33490

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I would never be one to want to promote "favorite" albergues. Hey, Mods let not promote a thread like this, SVP!

I would never be one to want to promote "favorite" albergues. Hey, Mods let not promote a thread like this, SVP!
I think what makes a favorite albergue is the "personal" experience you have in that albergue. I have great memories of albergues that were cold and bare with barely a convenience besides running water and a lukewarm shower. Less than wonderful in albergues with many creature comforts but with obnoxious and or rude pilgrims or hospitalarios. I have been to the same albergue on more than one occasion in different years and had both good, bad or indifferent nights.

No promotion here. I was clarifying that the list that the OP referred to, was a list posted in the Resources section by an individual forum member. The Resources section allows for updating of PDF documents, which can be a very convenient feature. We can all see when the documents were uploaded and last revised. A list of albergues that pre-dates the pandemic is likely to be of limited use.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Back