• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Senior Citizen Walks the Camino de Santiago

A Senior Citizen Walks the Camino de Santiago [Paid] 2016-02-27

No permission to buy ($2.99)

Jack Quinn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances twice
Jack Quinn submitted a new resource:

A Senior Citizen Walks the Camino de Santiago - Kindle book. Free download February 28 & 29, 2016

This is my Kindle book, a day-by-day account of my walk from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Sarria. It includes about 240 color photographs, which will show in gray scale on a Kindle reader or in color on the Kindle app on a device with a color screen. Advice on hostels underway and plenty of photographs of things to see. It's not a guidebook, but it is rich in information from my personal experiences.
View attachment 24246
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You're right! I labeled the photo as being the gate in Puente la Reina, but it's the gate leaving Ă“banos. You have a good eye for landmarks. Thank you so much. I will correct the caption before the next upload. -- JQ

Last edited:
Jack Quinn submitted a new resource:

A Senior Citizen Walks the Camino de Santiago - Kindle book. Free download February 28 & 29, 2016

Read more about this resource...
Hi Jack I downloaded your book and have read most of it. You have some good photos indeed! We also went to David's donativo stall near Astorga. He also told us "Everything is free" however, it was a donativo. There was a box on the table in which we deposited an appropriate sum of money. It was a really welcoming place in a great location just when we needed it.

I, too, have always enjoyed David's hospitality. East of Astorga his special place known as the Casa de los Dioses is on the alternative path after Villares de Orbigo but before Santibañez de Valdeiglesias just before the Cross of Santo Toribio.

David Vidal takes GREAT care to help passing pilgrims. You can rest in the huge barn or simply enjoy his wonderful donativo goody shelf; I always stop. Once during a heavy rain although David was absent the thermos of coffee was hot and his cookies most delicious! His multilingual note read 'Welcome!'. After sitting sheltered, having a coffee and eating a cookie or two I left a donation and a brief note of thanks. Despite the cold rain this was a MOST welcome stop and a perfect example of yet another of the varied and generous caring alternatives available along the camino.... To each his own.

To read more in English about this special man and his special place see this Swedish pilgrim's blog. >> http://www.fyrfalk.se/caminoblogg/?page_id=2150

Margaret Meredith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back