• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A September or October Camino Ingles?

The Ghost

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm considering walking the Camino Ingles at the end of September or maybe beginning of October. Does anyone have experience of walking this time of year? I'm wondering about the weather and accommodations? It is such a short Camino. I'd probably go to both starting points. I saw some complaints that back in April, the Ingles sounded full. I haven't even been home a month from completing the Coastal Portuguese route (Only 1 day of rain) but the Camino is calling me back. I'd probably give myself three weeks to complete the Ingles and to have extra time to explore more (maybe Fatima)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Inglès WAS full, one of those post's was mine - but it was Semana Santa, the week prior to Easter when Spain goes on holiday. (Which, prior to arrival I knew nothing about!).
There's been a couple of comments recently from people who've just come off the trail, one of whom even felt lonely because of how few people he saw.

I'm considering walking the Camino Ingles at the end of September or maybe beginning of October. Does anyone have experience of walking this time of year? I'm wondering about the weather and accommodations? It is such a short Camino. I'd probably go to both starting points. I saw some complaints that back in April, the Ingles sounded full. I haven't even been home a month from completing the Coastal Portuguese route (Only 1 day of rain) but the Camino is calling me back. I'd probably give myself three weeks to complete the Ingles and to have extra time to explore more (maybe Fatima)
I walked the Ingles at that time of year 2019 and it was lovely. Some hot days and some rain nearing Santiago. Not too many people and some delightful albergues. Because I am originally English, I embarked on a slightly bigger view of the Ingles - as the original pilgrims would have rowed/sailed across from England and landed wherever they could on the north coast (see The Camino Voyage documentary). I explored some of those small bays and settlements first (eg Viveiro) as I made my way to Ferrol. Enjoy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked it in October 2019 and had a wonderful time. The weather was great but being Galicia, plan for rain. No trouble with accommodations and ran into only a handful of pilgrims each day. A very relaxing Camino after completing the Frances a couple of days prior. Easy to get to Ferrol from Santiago by train with a connection in A Coruna.

The Ingles is my therapy Camino. Easy flight UK to Coruna (a boat would be more fun but the local yacht club is full of wusses). 5 days to Santiago, 5 days back, optional days in Santiago. Last time I caught mass, said hello to his bones and was back in Sigueiro in time for supper.
I’ve walked it in spring and autumn. My favourite is late September early October. Cheap flights, mushrooms in the woods: even the occasional pilgrim 😉

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back