• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A short 3 minute slideshow of the Camino Ingles

katdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013), C2C(2013), Shikoku 88 Temples(2013), Thames Path(2013), Camino Portuguese(2014), Hadrian's Wall(2014), Cinque Terre(2014), Camino Primitivo(2014), Camino Ingles(2014), PCT(2015), Camino Frances (2015)
I walked the Camino Ingles in October with beautiful sunny and warm days, it was a lovely camino.

I've made a short video of the pictures I took along the way:

Click here for video

And I wrote a daily blog: www.followingthearrows.com

If you have a spare 4 or 5 days (or longer), it's a nice walk to Santiago.

Buen Camino,

Kat

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Mig :)

I'm sorry I missed you on the Ingles, I think I started a few days after you finished.

It was a lovely experience in the October sunshine!

Kat

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked the Camino Ingles in October with beautiful sunny and warm days, it was a lovely camino.

Buen Camino,

Kat
A nice promotial video Kat ! No reason not to walk this beautiful camino !

Thanks for sharing !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Beautiful video Kat, thank you for sharing. My feet are itchy watching it, this and the Portuguese Coastal are on my list.

I agree with Albertinho, but I also fell in love with the Primitivo... it was so beautiful.

Kat

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nice video Kat loved the music too reminded me of our camino Ingles in the spring of this year. Thanks a lot

That was wonderful Kat. Thanks for sharing with us!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Beautiful. Thanks for bringing the Camino Ingles alive for someone who's just learning about the various pilgrim routes. There are many fantastic visuals of the Frances, but much less of the others, and I've read so much on the forum about the Ingles. Thanks!

I agree with Albertinho, but I also fell in love with the Primitivo... it was so beautiful.

Kat

Can you please help me decide which to do next year: The Ingles or the Primitivo? I have a choice of two dates, only in early April or in early November. Which time is better? Also, I want the distances between overnight private accomodations not more than about 17 - 18 km. Thank you.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Can you please help me decide which to do next year: The Ingles or the Primitivo? I have a choice of two dates, only in early April or in early November. Which time is better? Also, I want the distances between overnight private accomodations not more than about 17 - 18 km. Thank you.

Hi Vpanama,

That's a tricky question... How much time do you have to walk?

The Ingles is ~125km, whereas the Primitivo is ~330km...

I walked both in October (the Primitivo, then Ingles). Apart from some rainy days, the weather was nice although it was cold on the Primitivo because there are a few days where you are walking at over 1000m high. I'm not sure if these hills and mountains on the Primitivo get snow or not, but that would be a definite factor when deciding to walk between early April & early November.

Johhnie Walker has just released a new update of the Camino Ingles CSJ guide and it details all the accommodation options, I've just had a brief look at it to see where there is private accommodation and it looks like:

Naron: Hotel Kensington (~13km from Ferrol)
Pontedeume: 4 hotels/pensions (~16km from Naron or 29km from Ferrol)
Betanzos: 4 hotels/pensions (~20km from Pontedeume)
Meson do Vento: 2 hotels/pensions (~31km from Pontedeume)
Buscas: 1 casa rural (~10km from Meson do Vento)
Casa Rural Anton Veiras (~13km from Meson do Vento)
Sigueira: 2 hotels/pensions (~26km from Meson do Vento)
Then Sigueira to Santiago is 16km

This is the link to the updated guidebook: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/the-camino-inglés-pilgrim-guide.14/

The best resource for the Primitivo has been made by a forum member called Liz, it details all of the accommodation options as well and can be found at this link:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...tiago-and-then-to-muxia-finisterre-guide.225/
I don't think there are as many private accommodation options along this route, would you consider staying in albergues?

I think the three factors needing consideration are:
How much time do you have?
What is the weather like on both routes in early April & early November? Is there snow? (There might be another forum member who has walked during these times)
Would you stay in an albergue if there's no private accommodation option?

I hope this helps!!

Let me know what you decide :)

Kat

Hi Vpanama,

That's a tricky question... How much time do you have to walk?

The Ingles is ~125km, whereas the Primitivo is ~330km...

I walked both in October (the Primitivo, then Ingles). Apart from some rainy days, the weather was nice although it was cold on the Primitivo because there are a few days where you are walking at over 1000m high. I'm not sure if these hills and mountains on the Primitivo get snow or not, but that would be a definite factor when deciding to walk between early April & early November.

Johhnie Walker has just released a new update of the Camino Ingles CSJ guide and it details all the accommodation options, I've just had a brief look at it to see where there is private accommodation and it looks like:

Naron: Hotel Kensington (~13km from Ferrol)
Pontedeume: 4 hotels/pensions (~16km from Naron or 29km from Ferrol)
Betanzos: 4 hotels/pensions (~20km from Pontedeume)
Meson do Vento: 2 hotels/pensions (~31km from Pontedeume)
Buscas: 1 casa rural (~10km from Meson do Vento)
Casa Rural Anton Veiras (~13km from Meson do Vento)
Sigueira: 2 hotels/pensions (~26km from Meson do Vento)
Then Sigueira to Santiago is 16km

This is the link to the updated guidebook: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/the-camino-inglés-pilgrim-guide.14/

The best resource for the Primitivo has been made by a forum member called Liz, it details all of the accommodation options as well and can be found at this link:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...tiago-and-then-to-muxia-finisterre-guide.225/
I don't think there are as many private accommodation options along this route, would you consider staying in albergues?

I think the three factors needing consideration are:
How much time do you have?
What is the weather like on both routes in early April & early November? Is there snow? (There might be another forum member who has walked during these times)
Would you stay in an albergue if there's no private accommodation option?

I hope this helps!!

Let me know what you decide :)

Kat

Many thanks, Kat. I should manage to get about 9 days for my Camino. Considering the weather factor, the Ingles route might be better for me. Your video is very enticing. Thank you for the useful information you have provided. Gracias, mucho!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I posted a file in another thread which showed accommodation of various types along the Ingles route which may help you decide if your stage distances are doable (is that a word?). The main problem may be between Betanzos and Bruma/Meson do Vento which is best part of 30km with limited accommodation. However the owners of the Pension Meson Novo in Meson offer a service whereby they will pick you up at the 18km point and drop you back the next day to split the stage into two. Maybe an option worth considering if you go for the Ingles.
Keep us posted on your decision.
Mig

Here is info on Meson Pension:

The family who own the O Meson Novo Pension in Meson do Vento have been welcoming pilgrims occasionally for 34 years. They know the route is growing in popularity. Therefore they are now providing a new service:

They will pick up pilgrims at an agreed point – say the Bar Julia - 18kms from Betanzos and just before “the hill”. They will transport them to their pension if accommodation is booked for 18 Euros per person and will return them to the pick up point next day. Transport is free of charge.

The parents worked for 10 years in Leeds in England and their English is very good. Antonio their son who will run the taxi service undertands English very well.

Telephone

981 692 776
981 696008

Mobile number for Antonio – 678 585 431

Here is info on Meson Pension:

The family who own the O Meson Novo Pension in Meson do Vento have been welcoming pilgrims occasionally for 34 years. They know the route is growing in popularity. Therefore they are now providing a new service:

They will pick up pilgrims at an agreed point – say the Bar Julia - 18kms from Betanzos and just before “the hill”. They will transport them to their pension if accommodation is booked for 18 Euros per person and will return them to the pick up point next day. Transport is free of charge.

The parents worked for 10 years in Leeds in England and their English is very good. Antonio their son who will run the taxi service undertands English very well.

Telephone

981 692 776
981 696008

Mobile number for Antonio – 678 585 431
They allready offered this service . We used this service earlier this year and I knew about it by reading back on this forum for some time .But it is good to mention it here again Arn because this family do their utmost to please their guests as much as they can.

Another good option however a bit off camino is the hotel Nogallás in Ordes, the day after Meson do Vento. It is a 3 km detour from the camino to the center of Ordes where the hotel is situated at a big square. From there to the camino it is another 3 kms not back but ahead direction Siguëro. So you cut a small piece of the caminopath . By doing this we easily walked the 20 kms each day.
Advisable is to wear a safety vest because from Ordes to the camino waymarking you follow a road with some traffic and it is better to be seen.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
They allready offered this service . We used this service earlier this year and I knew about it by reading back on this forum for some time .But it is good to mention it here again Arn because this family do their utmost to please their guests as much as they can.

Another good option however a bit off camino is the hotel Nogallás in Ordes, the day after Meson do Vento. It is a 3 km detour from the camino to the center of Ordes where the hotel is situated at a big square. From there to the camino it is another 3 kms not back but ahead direction Siguëro. So you cut a small piece of the caminopath . By doing this we easily walked the 20 kms each day.
Advisable is to wear a safety vest because from Ordes to the camino waymarking you follow a road with some traffic and it is better to be seen.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dear Kat, Mig, Arn, Albertinho et. al.,
You all are so wonderful taking the trouble to help me. I will think of you when I do this Camino next year in early November, when I will have just started my 80th year. Bless you all.

Dear Kat, Mig, Arn, Albertinho et. al.,
You all are so wonderful taking the trouble to help me. I will think of you when I do this Camino next year in early November, when I will have just started my 80th year. Bless you all.
Great to read this @VPANAMA about your intentions . Hope you will enjoy the camino Ingles as much as my wife and I did. It is a beautiful walk . Enjoy the Galician countryside and the fabulous food. Bless you
¡ un embrazo !

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Great to read this @VPANAMA about your intentions . Hope you will enjoy the camino Ingles as much as my wife and I did. It is a beautiful walk . Enjoy the Galician countryside and the fabulous food. Bless you
¡ un embrazo !

Buen Camino Vpanama and I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful camino next year :)

(Don't hesitate to ask if any questions come up!)

Kat

Click here for video

Buen Camino,

Kat
I loved the video and music. I just finished the Portuguese Caminho, part coastal and part inland. The Ingles is next!

I loved the video and music. I just finished the Portuguese Caminho, part coastal and part inland. The Ingles is next!
Which part of the Portugese Caminho you walked ? From Porto to Vila do Conde or up to Caminha ?
The Ingles is a great walk. We did it this year.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Which part of the Portugese Caminho you walked ? From Porto to Vila do Conde or up to Caminha ?
The Ingles is a great walk. We did it this year.

I started in Porto and followed the coast to Spain but decided to take the bus from Viano de Costelo to Valenca due to injuries. I walked from Valenca onwards. The plan was to do the coastal route all the way to Redondela but I was afraid that with my injuries (blisters) I might not find enough places to recover if I had to. The inland route did feel good except for the Roman road cobblestones...LOL

I started in Porto and followed the coast to Spain but decided to take the bus from Viano de Costelo to Valenca due to injuries. I walked from Valenca onwards. The plan was to do the coastal route all the way to Redondela but I was afraid that with my injuries (blisters) I might not find enough places to recover if I had to. The inland route did feel good except for the Roman road cobblestones...LOL
What a pity. Blisters can spoil everything . But good to read that you ended upp in Santiago on the camino central.
Did you stay at a place in Vianafor the night or just walked from Esposende and took the bus ?
We have been in the Viana do Castelo to A Guarda area earlier this year and there are enough places to find medical care.

Here our Chrismas wishes from the camino Ingles
Buen camino

What a pity. Blisters can spoil everything . But good to read that you ended upp in Santiago on the camino central.
Did you stay at a place in Vianafor the night or just walked from Esposende and took the bus ?
We have been in the Viana do Castelo to A Guarda area earlier this year and there are enough places to find medical care.

Here our Chrismas wishes from the camino Ingles
Buen camino

I followed a beautiful small river and made a wrong turn and found a campground to stay in: http://www.belinhenses.com/o-parque.html They had a cabin for rent for the same price as a small hotel. I really wanted to go for a swim that evening and made it down to the beach, only to find that there was no sand only round stones that made it impossible to safely swim. I arranged for a taxi to take me to the bus station the next morning...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I followed a beautiful small river and made a wrong turn and found a campground to stay in: http://www.belinhenses.com/o-parque.html They had a cabin for rent for the same price as a small hotel. I really wanted to go for a swim that evening and made it down to the beach, only to find that there was no sand only round stones that made it impossible to safely swim. I arranged for a taxi to take me to the bus station the next morning...
Nice place to stay .we had the same experience at the campingsite in Vila do Conde where we rented a summerhouse for one night and could useall their facilities. As said we start one place further north in Viana do Castelo so we will miss this place this time. We camped this year a bit more north around Caminha so we know the environs well.

Anyway thanks for responding.

Bom caminho

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back