Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

A Simple question

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Gerard, it depends a bit depending on where you are starting, and where you live..... If you tell us those things, people can give you more specific answers.
Margaret

grayland

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Yes
You can get the credential at the Cathedral office which is about a block from the Cathedral. If you are facing the Cathedral, it will be a block to the right and then left to the end on the left side of the street.
Maybe someone will be able to give complete directions. I actually had a difficult time finding it and could walk to it again....but I do not have a map available with street names.

Alan Pearce

Veteran Member
It's a shame that you did not get your credential earlier. Then your first stamp could have been given to you at St. James Gate in Dublin.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

nellpilgrim

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
SDC-Fisterra 08/Camino Frances SJPP to SDC 09/Nuremburg-SDC 11- ongoing
Hi Gerard,
I hope you can get your irish credential as its a really handy pocket sized booklet.
But even if you don't you may still get your St James Gate stamp - just go and explain to the ladies at reception (just inside the big white gate) and ask them to put your 1st stamp on a little piece of paper which you can then stick to whichever credential you get, either the Irish one or the one you pick up in spain.
Across the road and a little to the right from the brewery gate there is a sign up on a derelict georgian building marking the site (approx) of the old St James Gate. And we used this as our 'starting point' for both the CF this year, and when walking from Santiago to Fisterra last May, which was fun.
Wrap up well for Alto del Perdon-the wind was so strong in early April that we nearly had the heads blown off us!
Gerard, if you can, perhaps you might keep us updated on your wintery Camino?
Nell

gerardnm

Thanks for all the help, i m going to ring the guys tomorrow.

Nell I ll doo my best to keep you updated via posts, at the moment i m praying the snow clears for me.

Thanks again for the help

Colm

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances