Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A small blog of Via Portugal Nascente

Book your train ticket here

FreeCat

El gato libre
Past OR future Camino
Hi.
At the beginning of April 2019, I walked for 6 days on this unknown Camino de Santiago from Évora to Crato.
I took a GPS with the tracks, but it is not necessary because it is perfectly marked with yellow arrows.
I would like to show you my experience in these 6 days in this blog.
It is in Spanish, but it can be translated with the Google translator in the right sidebar of the blog.
I hope you like it.

https://vpn2019.home.blog/

Regards

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Delphinoula

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
C. PdC 2018 Finisterre Muxía 2018
C.Franconia 2019 C.Algeciras Sevillia 2019
Swabian C. (2020)
Hey cool so many Caminos. thank you. I wish I would had know that one last year, when I walked the Portuguese. Look at my Franconian Camino thread in Germany.

Last edited:

Pilger99

Past OR future Camino
addicted since 1999 (Aragones, CF), lots of caminos in Spain and Portugal since then
It's still worth to wait a bit.
Via Portugal Nascente was partly opened in May 2018 (Evora to Trancoso). It was planned to fill the gap from Algarve to Evora this year. Maybe it will take another year to find enough places to stay and to fill the website https://caminhosdesantiago.pt.

I wouldn't say this route is unknown. The german guide book "Jakobsweg Ostportugal – Via Lusitana" came out in 2009, when almost nobody remembered this eastern portuguese way. With the book some pilgrims came, gps tracks appeared and so on. The books name "Via Lusitana" can be confusing, that might be a reason for portuguese officials to rename the route. The book has not yet been updated to reflect the new markings, but at least you can find some updates on the editors website.

2ndCaminho

Past OR future Camino
Hi.
At the beginning of April 2019, I walked for 6 days on this unknown Camino de Santiago from Évora to Crato.
I took a GPS with the tracks, but it is not necessary because it is perfectly marked with yellow arrows.
I would like to show you my experience in these 6 days in this blog.
It is in Spanish, but it can be translated with the Google translator in the right sidebar of the blog.
I hope you like it.

https://vpn2019.home.blog/

Regards
thanks.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads