• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A spanner in the works...

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
I plan to leave on the 28th of this month and you cannot contain the excitement and apprehension I am feeling. However, on Saturday, I had a little accident that is turning from something small into something that may cause me to postpone my trip.
I stupidly stubbed my little toe against a sofa. Now I do this all the time. After the initial pain, it goes and I am back to normal within an hour.
However, I seem to have done a little damage to it. Four days on, it is still swollen and any weight I put on my foot leaves me in pain. It may be just badly bruised but I think the bone may be fractured.
I'll be visiting my doctor this evening.
Any tips? Do you think I should be worried for my Camino?

Thanks!
David

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Don't worry until after you see the doctor, if its just bruised you have a few weeks to let it recover, if its fractured then you have decisions to make. I hope everything works out for you. Whatever happens will be for the best.
Pat.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So, you will know by now - is it broken? What does the doctor say?

Buen Camino (whenever you get to be there)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Brilliant! Really pleased for youClearskies - I should be on Camino doing first aid from late May, first week at Puenta La Reina, second week at Castrojeriz, then back for another week, and so on - if you see an old man with a head like a bad potato, dressed in brown and carrying a large green first aid kit, please do say hello - we can share a tea or glass of win!

Buen Camino!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Brilliant! Really pleased for youClearskies - I should be on Camino doing first aid from late May, first week at Puenta La Reina, second week at Castrojeriz, then back for another week, and so on - if you see an old man with a head like a bad potato, dressed in brown and carrying a large green first aid kit, please do say hello - we can share a tea or glass of win!

Buen Camino!!

Ah that's great David..I will keep an eye out for you in Puente la Reina. I should be there early June. I'll be the very burnt Irish man ;)

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello all!
Just an update. I got a 2nd opinion on Saturday and my toe is in fact broken.
Bummer! I had a chat with the doctor and told her about my upcoming Camino..she said I should be fine! Her words!
I won't postpone anything just yet until the very last minute but I have a feeling I will need to cancel.
I have another 12 days to go!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Walking the Camino with a little bit of pain might give you a new perspective. I think it will serve as is a great metaphor for life itself.

Buen Camino,

"Viva Cristo Rey!!"
Camino bound, Sept 2014!
Deacon Harbey Santiago

Hello all!
Just an update. I got a 2nd opinion on Saturday and my toe is in fact broken.
Bummer! I had a chat with the doctor and told her about my upcoming Camino..she said I should be fine! Her words!
I won't postpone anything just yet until the very last minute but I have a feeling I will need to cancel.
I have another 12 days to go!

:( To the news it is actually broken.
:)To the news you still have 12 days for it to get to a state that will allow you to walk.
:eek: To the option that you might need to consider walking with the last of the pain subsiding.
:D To the possibility you might be ok before you are due to go.
:p To the fact that you can always go some other time if necessary.

Wishing you well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks so much for your words of support guys
I'll make a decision in the middle of next week.
I've started to change my walking pattern which is a worry! Would prefer not to have blisters or tendonitis before I even start ;)

:( To the news it is actually broken.
:)To the news you still have 12 days for it to get to a state that will allow you to walk.
:eek: To the option that you might need to consider walking with the last of the pain subsiding.
:D To the possibility you might be ok before you are due to go.
:p To the fact that you can always go some other time if necessary.

Wishing you well.

lol this really made me smile John ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So I have postponed until September 3rd..Beilari is booked up, so I am booked into Gite Ultreia!
I start on September 4th!
Hmm..I wonder if September Caminos are any different to May Caminos :D :cool:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back