• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A stamp in Malaga, Good Friday 2017.

bval

I have read somewhere, that the cathedral is closed due to renovation.
If it true, where can i get my stamp in Malaga Good Friday.
Maybe there is a albergue on the way, or the tourist information. Hope that someone
can help me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No, you've got it wrong. The cathedral is open as normal (I did the rooftop tour last week - highly recommended).

The church of Santiago was closed last time I walked past. I am due another visit to the city at the end of the week and will take a look to see if anything has changed and report back.

You could contact the association of amigos at
http://caminomozarabedemalaga.com/asociacion/

They only open to visitors for a few hours on Tuesday evenings, but I am sure that will be very helpful if you contact them by email.

I would suggest that perhaps you consider obtaining your credencial from this forum and if the church is closed, ask at the cathedral or the tourist office for your first stamp.

If you are in Malaga over Easter, you are in for a great treat. The Santa Semana parades around the city are spectacular.

I walked from Malaga in 2015 and you are very welcome to take a look at my blog where I posted live every day, giving lots of useful information about accommodation and elevation. See link below.
Buen camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola - the Cathedral in Malaga is indeed open and in fact the nun currently in charge of the Sacristy is sister Maria Jesús who served for 9 years in Santiago. I'm sure she'll welcome you and sort out the sello. The tourist office might not be open on Good Friday but the cathedral and other churches certainly will.

Buen Camino

John

Thank you everyone for your replys.
It seems like it's not going to be a problem to get my first stamp in Malaga. I know, i can get it from a bar if i want to. I've just been very focused on getting my stamp in the Cathedral.

Magwood.
I know your blog. I was suppose to walk the Via, but it was difficult for me
with the planes to Sevilla. I found the camino from Malaga. I googled, and found your blog. Lycky me, now planning is easy. I'm going from Malaga to Salamanca in 21 days Thank you for your lovely blog, it helped me a lot.
Greeting, Birgitte

Wow, @bval, I took 30 days to reach salamanca with an average of 27 km per day. Are you missing some stages or walking really long days?

I hope you enjoy this camino - it certainly seems to be gaining popularity (albeit very slowly!)

Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, I know that it is a bit of a challenge this time, but I love it that way. Normally I do not plan, but this time I have planned down to the smallest detail and it is actually a problem. Now I'm starting to worry, not because I'm the worrying type, but there is suddenly a thousand unknown factors .One of my concerns is the Easter holidays. When I call someone, will they pick up the phone? And things like that. My problem is Almogia, Antequera, Encinas Reales and Cabra. I write to ASOCIACIÓN Jacobea DE MÁLAGA, they must know. Now I countdown the days and looking forward to, I have to go.
Birgitte

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back