• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A suggestion for Forum members Camino(s) stats

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi all and especially Ivar :)

Today I mentioned in Camino de Madrid section thread that it kind of surprises me how many forum members were/are/will walking this Camino in March and April. And then I thought why wouldn't we have some homemade statistics counter on the forum. I mean there are several and repeated threads about how many start from SJPdP and how many received their Compostelas in SdC etc. but do we really know what WE have walked? I think it would be interesting. I know the answer what first three or four places will be but it would also be interesting to see the stats for other Caminos.

I know I could post a poll in my personal post but I'm sure that within few months it would be forgotten. But if @ivar would make it "visible" (not as a calendar but as a record after Camino done) we would get some interesting numbers. Not only that. Maybe we would even educate newcomers about different routes and encourage them to walk them as their second, third, fourth... Camino.

Just a thought :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi. I am new to the forum and am walking from SJPP April 15 (weather permitting). As I initially starting reading the posts, people would say things like - April weather was great and I never got blisters and lots of other great stuff. Thing is, I finally realized that I had no idea if they were starting in SJPP or Sarria. Some mention and some do not. So, for a posting to be relevant to a particular journey it would be helpful if starting point and date were mentioned. And I like the above idea. I would be happy to post at the end of my road which one I took and from where, what time of year and points of interest.

...So, for a posting to be relevant to a particular journey it would be helpful if starting point and date were mentioned. And I like the above idea. I would be happy to post at the end of my road which one I took and from where, what time of year and points of interest.
I don't think collecting stats as I mentioned would be helpful it would be just interesting among forum community. Threads themselves with all sorts of info on starting points, (everchanging) weather, points of interest etc. are helpful if you take it with a grain of salt because they will always be just personal experience. What surely doesn't change much on Camino are churches everything else is ever changing and I don't see them in any relevant statistics. Regarding the time when a participant walked is easy to solve and is the second point of such polling. You collect data month by month.
Pilgrim Office in Santiago is collecting data on starting points, age, nationality, occupation etc. but they have means (and some obligation too I think) to do it. But they collect them only from those who obtain their Compostela. So those are just arrivals and even not from all of the pilgrims that come to SdC. I for example obtained it only in 2011 but walked through Santiago four times. You can found it here:
https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/statistics/

As the saying goes (something like this): Statistics are like bikini swimsuit. It shows everything but you see nothing ;)

Thanks for your reply :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back