• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Thank You for your Help and Link to Santiago Masters Thesis

sophie_d

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2017)
Hello,

Back in the summer I had just come back from the Camino del Norte and asked the forum for help with my Masters thesis by completing a survey. That thesis is now written, marked, and I graduated in December! (I got a distinction, by the way ;))

Given the meagre word limit of 15,000 words, I could not fit in even a quarter of what I wanted to say, and so my intention was to set up a blog and really go through the data that I received from the kind survey participants. Instead, I immediately got a cultural policy internship in Brussels and have been run off my feet! So, now that I am feeling really quite guilty for not having been able to give this back to you all, I have decided at the very least to upload my thesis for anyone to have a read of if they are interested/need something to help with their insomnia. :p

You can find the thesis here.

I'm off to a second internship in cultural heritage at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg from the beginning of March that will run until the summer, so, circumstances depending, I may have a chance to develop that blog and give you back a bit more thorough data analysis at that point!

A REALLY BIG THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to help me out - I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Sophie congratulations! I just downloaded it and will read it. Please go for your PhD. Education is the one thing they can't take away from you. You won't regret it and the title Dr. is for life! :cool:

Well done, you and congratulations on the exciting internships.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hello,

Back in the summer I had just come back from the Camino del Norte and asked the forum for help with my Masters thesis by completing a survey. That thesis is now written, marked, and I graduated in December! (I got a distinction, by the way ;))

Given the meagre word limit of 15,000 words, I could not fit in even a quarter of what I wanted to say, and so my intention was to set up a blog and really go through the data that I received from the kind survey participants. Instead, I immediately got a cultural policy internship in Brussels and have been run off my feet! So, now that I am feeling really quite guilty for not having been able to give this back to you all, I have decided at the very least to upload my thesis for anyone to have a read of if they are interested/need something to help with their insomnia. :p

You can find the thesis here.

I'm off to a second internship in cultural heritage at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg from the beginning of March that will run until the summer, so, circumstances depending, I may have a chance to develop that blog and give you back a bit more thorough data analysis at that point!

A REALLY BIG THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to help me out - I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it!!
I was not qualified to respond, but am delighted to see that not only did you get your positive result, you have taken the exceedingly positive step of coming back to thank those who helped you. May Wisdom be your guide every step of the way in your life, Sophie (Wisdom!).

Awesome Sophie! A job well done!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations Sophie, and thanks for sharing your dissertation! Ulteria et suseia!

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back