• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A tiny light

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Its been dark lately
So I went outside and took a little walk to clear my head.
Its funny how such a simple thing for so short a time can put things in perspective.
Bad times are not forever and good times never last.
The Camino seems a long time and far away now.

So I looked up..and saw the Milky Way...that river of Stars
And remembered
The same River going west over me? Is also going West over the Camino
And all the people who have gone before added their little lights to the whole
So that thought..as I gazed upward lifted the spirits.
There is a connection between here and Santiago,forever unbroken if you can see the light.

Buen Camino!
Off You Go!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My son took this photo a month ago: the Milky Way rising over Lake Ballard, far in the outback of Western Australia.
View attachment 87477
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
I work out in the country ish...so I can only see that when the lights go out around here...but I remember in West Texas there was no light pollution so bare eyes could see that!!!
How many Pilgrims have looked up at the same lights..and how many before have gone to add theirs that shine down on us?
Or
Is it a reflection of us here?
Maybe I can't see the light for the clutter...
I imagine what a good long walk will do for clearing the head?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am glad you can still see the light, because for me, in lockdown imprisonment, it is getting very dark.
One by one the stars have gone out. All the things that gave life meaning and purpose have gone.
The last one, hope, is fading fast.
It is nearly gone.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am glad you can still see the light, because for me, in lockdown imprisonment, it is getting very dark.
One by one the stars have gone out. All the things that gave life meaning and purpose have gone.
It is nearly gone.
Making your own light isnt easy
But the right people in the right places and times will see it.
Your still Shiney, the aspect of lights going out, yet being self aware enough of your own
It is enough and good enough.
Even if it's only one..its still light.
Sometimes we are the ones who watch the nite fall and must light the way for others.

I think you can do that
I think you have enough light for us all
I think that light..begets light
I think you are good enough to be a brightness in this darkness
I think we all are part of a greater light for being here
Having been..there
Having enough light to spare.
Even when the Clouds are hiding it all, you notice they are reflecting light..telling you that over them there is still light
The milky way still shines above us all,
Still shines over the Way..or..is it simply the Way... reflecting back at us then....

It is for us to persevere, to burn ourselves brightly so that others may gather what scraps of hope about them and warm themselves with the hope of a new day.
And when one burns low...for others to stand and burn for them..burn for ten..nay..one hundred who are in darkness.

I think we can
I think we should
I think we will.

It is nearly gone.
I wish there was an emoji for encouragement that I could click for you. This too shall pass. (Prayer said for you)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is quite a back story linked to the picture - one of those remarkable Camino stories. Longish answer to your short question, Paul, sorry....

I met up with a friend who I'd met on Camino the previous Spring. We re-met this year with the intention of taking night pictures at the Cruz after we were both surprised to learn at the start of this year that we had both separately experienced the same vivid dream in late autumn last year.... of a night walk and being under the canopy of stars at the Cruz. So, we chose to meet up at Astorga this March for the night walk - he had carried with him 4lbs plus of camera kit all the way from SJPDP. The day from Astorga had been most unpromising, overcast and cloudy until very late afternoon when by early evening the skies had cleared. As a non-professional guy with photography stuff, all I can say is that the kit was impressive-looking and that it took a lot of takes with different exposure and apertures (I believe! 🤔). My thanks again go out to Raphael and his commitment to the endeavour, for making the dream come true!

Some where
Some..when...
In some circles the universe cycles from big bang to big crunch
The sky is as big as you want it to be
For some?
Fear.
For others limitless...

All we have seen,all we have lost are but other cycles
We will see each other again..that is a matter of course
In the way of things, things are not forever
Nothing is forever..except in the line for a loo.

Things gravitate toward each other because it is a Way
Deep in the deepest of souls there is a light
Inextinguishable-indistinguishable-inexhaustable that draws us toward our Jerusalem after our battle
After the fight...A river of belief taking us back to a beginning
The tired souls floating..
Touching fingers as we go
Little lights in a river we go...

A river of Stars in the Darkness we go to the sea
Destiny or release, a look inside the heart, into the soul
No pole star
No pole

Only us as we go
Gravitation or predestination
No more use for names
We are all the same
.....light.

We will rush together as is the Way and a greatest explosion of joy when we meet again

Nothing is forever
Good times
Bad time
Sad times
Glad times

We are floating
Touching fingers together...knowing we are not alone when we have each other

Pax

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for your kindness, William and Texas
All you have to do is hang on, right now... it is for us to give you shoulders to hang on, a warding wall to keep the wolves at bay.

It is for you to not give up
Give in
Give out.

Let us give you some light along the way
Your price?
Is someday...you will light someone's way when they cannot see for the clouds.

Its what children of the Way do. We stand,we fight, we heal, we cry and the whole time moving as we go.

Let today be your virtual Cruz de Ferro
Leave your sorrows at the foot, then turn your head toward tomorrow leaving that pain behind you. Its not for you to carry
Mission over
Mission done
Its time to say goodbye to the load! Go forth free and clean from there.

Never give up
Never give in
Gird your hope in the sticking places
Be fierce and greedy and be about it!

The light you seek is right there inside.sometimes it's a test of faith, courage,fortitude..patience.
The sorrow of the unbidden drawing..may be Santiago Calling your name and you can't go yet..
I think
I believe..that he would wait for as long as it takes for you to get there. Take that longing and fan it into the fire that takes you there.

I can only imagine the explosive joy on reaching that plaza
Or a million other emotions.
Take that and hold fast to your desire
Hold as hard as you can and it will be so

And one day when its time...?
Off you go

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back