• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Truly Happy Story

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016; Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre/Muxia 2017; Aragones 2018; Suso/Yuso, Meseta 2019
During September/October my partner and I walked the Aragones. Unfortunately due to his previous back injury we had to take a taxi for parts, which turned out to bring a blessing. Two years ago I walked the Aragones and stayed one night in the albergue in Artieda, right next door to the lovely 12 century romanesque church. Each day at 5 o'clock an elderly man in the village would unlock the door and invite the pilgrims to visit the church. I remember the look of great pride and pleasure on his face as he watched over the pilgrims. In contemplating my return to Spain this year, I was concerned that some of the special people that we remember the most might no longer be there. In the taxi on the way to Artieda I described this story to the driver, always in Spanish. Her reply was, "That is my Uncle Angel! Yes he is still with us! He lives with me at my house. He is over 90 years old!" She confirmed this after seeing the photo I had on my phone. That was worth a whole camino to me!
She also added that everyone had been very careful!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Her reply was, "That is my Uncle Angel! Yes he is still with us! He lives with me at my house. He is over 90 years old!"
It's so heartwarming to read stories like this.
I wonder. Do people like Angel (or Casimiro on the Invierno and Amancio in Castrojerez) have any idea how they have affected all of us who've been fortunate to meet them?

We enjoyed our stay in Artieda. The food was excellent as well.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey, did you stay in Ruesta? Did you have reservations? I've tried contacting them but no answer. I wonder if I don't have a good email address?
I stayed there but didn't reserve, just arrived. I know they are listed on gronze but I don't know if email or phone numbers are correct.

We enjoyed our stay in Artieda. The food was excellent as well.
The albergue in Artieda remains as one of my favourite places to stay while walking Caminos, I have stayed there twice. While the sleeping area is a bit crowded, the friendly atmosphere, service and food more than make up for it. The Mexican-inspired meals are delicious and the local artisanal patxaran is not to be missed (several different varieties including one infused with mint and another with hot chilli pappers).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The real problem with the Camino Aragon is that ALL the albergues are so special in so many different ways! One would have to walk very slowly or short to enjoy them all, which sounds so strange on a route known for being so remote at times, but it’s true!

Name a city in the CA and it’s very likely that it hosts a unique place to stay - and now even tiny Confranc Puebla has a new one!

Love to all those who make the CA so magical.

PS: anyone else visit the tinkerer in Sanguesa? I’ve never seen him mentioned but he is a world class artist.

The real problem with the Camino Aragon is that ALL the albergues are so special in so many different ways! One would have to walk very slowly or short to enjoy them all, which sounds so strange on a route known for being so remote at times, but it’s true!

Name a city in the CA and it’s very likely that it hosts a unique place to stay - and now even tiny Confranc Puebla has a new one!

Love to all those who make the CA so magical.

PS: anyone else visit the tinkerer in Sanguesa? I’ve never seen him mentioned but he is a world class artist.
Currently serving as a hospi in Canfranc Puebla—this area is magical!!! 🙏🏽

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back