• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A very long walk...(maybe)

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Time of past OR future Camino
north route spring 2013
I live with my teenage daughter in a small town on an estuary in South West Scotland, where I often walk through the harbour with my dog. My daughter will leave school in three years time, when I will be 62. I have been pondering what I will do when she flies the nest to go to university in the big city, and two days ago I stumbled on an article about a man who walked around the world. Since then I have been on the internet virtually around the clock researching people who have done this. I have walked the camino 5 times and keep going back, but what about a longer walk? This morning I bought a coffee at the local farmers market and sat on a bollard in the harbour to drink it in the sun, and noticed this arrow for the first time. A local band were playing in the park, the title of the song was “Rocking all over the world”. Am I being told something?120.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are several books out there of peole's accounts of trying to walk around the world. One still on my shelf is Steven M. Newman's 1989 'Worldwalk: one man's four year journey around the world'.

I read them back in the 90s so memory fades, but I think none of the walkers, despite incredible experiences, were completely successful. War and visa requirements got in the way.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This morning I bought a coffee at the local farmers market and sat on a bollard in the harbour to drink it in the sun, and noticed this arrow for the first time. A local band were playing in the park, the title of the song was “Rocking all over the world”. Am I being told something?
The arrow is pointing towards boat's so maybe sail around it and listen out for Rod next time but I've also been contemplating something similar and expect could take around 11 years to complete successfully and alot of Coffee and another Celt I've been following is on his way 🤠http://www.myworldwalk.com/

This morning I bought a coffee at the local farmers market and sat on a bollard in the harbour to drink it in the sun, and noticed this arrow for the first time. A local band were playing in the park, the title of the song was “Rocking all over the world”. Am I being told something?
As said in the film The Way: "Sometimes a dog fight near a cheese farm is just a dog fight near a cheese farm."

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It's been done, true, but that's a big chunk out of your life all at once! What about by continent, or hemisphere?

A few years ago I was following Rosie Swale Pope's run around the world. She's a Welsh woman who took 5 years to run around the world. She has written a book about it. She was 57 when she started the trip. It would probably make a good read and she will talk about being hit by a bus, getting frostbite, and all the joys of travelling every day. Some people do succeed and it is probably easier now than 20 or 30 years ago. Dream big.

The arrow means whatever you need/want it to mean. A year or so ago, when I was unable to go on camino last year, I saw a similar yellow arrow near my home, along the Bow River. There was some construction going on and I thought, "a yellow arrow is being used here to indicate some aspect of the construction"; yellow is a bright colour and the arrow a pointer. It reminded me of the camino, but in that comfortable way of a reminder of something that I like to do and shall do again in the foreseeable future. Obviously, at this point in your life, it has a much larger meaning for you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back