• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

a video blog that caught my eye

Thengel1

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April-May 2013; mid-Sept. 2017
Hey folks:

This may have been mentioned by someone else, but I found a series of YouTube videos about a couple (and their very small and very cute baby, Indigo) as they walk the Camino. I thought they were interesting, anyway. The trip started on Jan 1st, 2013, so it is quite recent.

The first entry (actually two days before they started walking):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyEFkNqB ... 9GOE8fertQ

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, I am in the process of watching it thinking 'wow!,' if they can do that then surely I can! Inspiring.

Horrified that baby would be travelling in the front passenger seat.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Lots of lessons learned or to be learned, The biggest one for me is if you want to make a documentary put a 'mouse' over the microphone to stop the wind noise

30Kg plus extras...I was thinking 9kg was getting high.
At first i thought..child abuse...but the baby seemed okay. I enjoyed the movie, except for some singing lol
I did look up the muscle rub he mentioned. It is a base carrier and not an active ingredient. Not sure how it would work.
Still.... It was worth watching :)

I love it. The last episode, they had just passed through a very cold and snowy Foncebadon. The kid looks perfectly fine to me but i just don't know how he carries that weight day in and out :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I certainly applaud them on their Camino. I spent most of a wet afternoon following their journey and as previously said, if they can do it with 30 kgs and a baby, then I can! (In 7 weeks... Ooooh!)
Karin

P.S. what an enchanting baby!

Just finished watching Day 30 and am really enjoying the journey with this family. I walked this route last September / October and everything is so well remembered and loved. It's been fascinating following along with Victoria, Matthew and Indigo. Such familiar places but with different challenges and experiences - especially with this winter walk. How wonderful it will be for Indigo to have such an amazing record of this earliest part of his life, seeing how well loved he is and how much joy he brings to his parents and everyone he meets along the way. I admire them tremendously for "seizing the day", taking this adventure as a family and for taking such good care of each other through all the challenges they've faced.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have four weeks until I start and I have been checking forums and watching YouTube clips.
It's almost too much research and the initial excitement about the great unknown is fading fast.
I think I need to write down all the possible transport permutations and contact numbers and the disconnect from this research.
I'd love to not take a phone or camera at all. Or maybe a non smart phone for family contact

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back