• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Video of my Camino in 2013

Time of past OR future Camino
[Camino Francés - June 2013]
[South Downs Way - June 2014]
[Annapurna Circuit - April 2015]
It has been more than 2 years since I walked the Camino de Santiago from SJPDP to Finisterre. It was the first time that I was travelling on my own, and I was terrified. I didn't know whether I'd be able to make friends, whether I was physically up to it and whatnot, but there was also this other thought in my head: what if I never try? And so I did, I set out on the journey like many of us here, and I LOVED it.

Ever since I've loved to travel. I've hitchhiked through the U.K. and Ireland, I've recently been to Nepal and Indonesia for 3 months and right new there are still a lot of different things on my list. I feel like it all started with the Camino, it was the perfect trip to start off with and I feel like the experience has opened my eyes. There'll definitely be a day where I go back and walk it all over again in a few years.

One of my hobbies is editing videos. I filmed a lot of different clips while walking and later edited into a video to remember all those beautiful moments. Please let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to people's opinions!

If you're interested in videos/stories on my other travels you can check out this site. Please let me know what you think!

The songs I used in the video:
Autoheart - Stalker's Tango
Patrick Watson - Tracy's Waters
The Heavy - Short Change Hero
UNKLE feat. Ian Astbury - When Things Explode

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Fun! Feel free to talk next time ;)

I liked it. But.......

Maybe another version for those who don't know much about the Camino could have some voiceover or captions?

All depends who the intended audience is suppose.

But overall I liked the fly on the wall style :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey CaminoDebrita & Robo,
yep, you're completely right, I should talk more! I tried it out in a recent video of my journey through Nepal/Indonesia and I really liked it, so it's something I'll be doing in the future, but since this video was made 2 years ago it lacks a bit of story. The initial intended audience was myself, it's a great way to remember the journey, but I can imagine that people who weren't there might get a bit confused or even bored with the video. It's something I intend to change in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

It would be easy to still add captions and a bit of commentary.....

But it works OK as it is too :)

Don't change a thing .... expressive, well thought out , reflective . Nice going . Loved it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Robo: I know, but I want to leave this video as it is. It's how I've been remembering the Camino for the past 2 years and it'd feel weird to change it up now, and I'd prefer to record myself talking about the Camino while actually walking it, so I'll definitely do that on my second journey to Santiago. :)

DeadFred: Thanks, I appreciate it!

Thanks roblsch! I added the songs I used to my first post in case you're interested. I love to listen to music while hiking, especially on the harder bits. There have been quite a few times where I thought I was too exhausted to go on, then I listened to some songs and when the right one came up, I was good to go for another hour or so. :)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back