• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A walk through the Cathedral in Santiago

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was sad to see that there don't appear to be provisions for the faithful pilgrims to kneel and honor St. James and give him thanks for his aid in their pilgrimages.
It also looked like the main altar area doesn't currently have an altar. (This could be a temporary condition.)
I hope that--assuming the government allows me to walk in 2021--there will be an availability to reverence St. James' bones and an altar to hear Mass at.
Right now it's really tough to see some of the changes and realize that even though the plane tickets to Spain were redone it seems to be ever farther away to walk the Via de la Plata.

Remembering the people of Spain in my prayers.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you very much Ivar. Wonderful to see the Cathedral nearing the end of its restoration.
Best wishes,
Anne & Pat
I walked through the Cathedral yesterday (November 4th)
Looks so beautiful! Thank you for that. I envy you being able to walk through there with it so open and empty. That made my heart so glad this morning to “walk” with you in that beautiful place.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It feels so different. Been in our cathedral so many times and I was a little disorientated trying to figure out where I was. I am sure once I come again it will be fine. It was obviously restored with alot of love.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks so much for this wonderful video Ivar. Everything looks so light, fresh and beautiful. Thank you too for walking down into the crypt - that was a particularly special moment.
Great choice of music as a backdrop to your walk too!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Thank you for all the reports from Santiago throughout this awkward year.
I hope your Youtube channel will keep growing even if there were no more pilgrims neither in Santiago nor on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back