• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A wedding and a camino...

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
Well, we have done it - the wedding was everything we could have wished and more. Many thanks for the prayers, candles and good wishes. I have written a blog post (see below) about it while I still feel so misty eyed. There are a few photos off my camera which was doing the rounds!

So misty-eyed in fact that I didn't recall that fact that the Drain Doctor had to return this morning (better than yesterday morning) until Peter (who had struggled with the rods for an hour or so before calling them ) reminded me!

We are off in the morning and should arrive in A Coruna by six or so. The five day forecast has changed from last time I looked when there were at least three days of unremitting showers (is that a contradiction in terms?) to much more hopeful - even sunshine on Tuesday, our first day of walking. So thanks again for the prayers etc!

I may not be as good at finding intenet access en route as Ian, but will try to post news as we go.

I'm feeling so proud of my wonderful family I could burst - but I really had better get to bed - we still have not finalised our packs so I need to be awake at a reasonable time in the morning.
God bless!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Bridget and Peter,
Wonderful blog! Congratulations and have a wonderul Camino!
¡Qué Santiago os bendiga!
Buen Camino,

Hi Bridget and Peter,

Great blog, what a perfect day. Hope the Camino brings as much pleasure as 28 February did.
Happy walking. Cheers Rose Louise

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So far over here to the east, all the predicted nasty weather has held off. Blue skies, cool breezes.
I hope the rain and sleet isn´t stalled over Galicia!

Reb.

JohnnieWalker said:
The weather forecast is rain all the way I'm afraid.

Ivar - if you read this - what's the weather like on the ground?
It is raining, started last night... but not as when Ian and Rosie walked. They walked in a lot of rain.. starting last night and so far we have only had light rain/drizzle... It looks like the weather will become nicer towards Sunday and Monday.

Saludos,
Ivar

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
ivar said:
It is raining, started last night... but not as when Ian and Rosie walked.
I'm loving the way our names have become a euphemism for how bad the rain is, we walked 10k in the rain this morning and embraced it like an old friend :D
John is right a wet camino is better than no camino,our camino was enhanced in a lot of ways by the rain-the hot showers at the end of the day-the food tasted better as did the wine the warmth and hospitality of the Spanish people we met--the sense of acievement each day brought.
it was our camino and I hope bridget and peter look back on theirs with as much fondness as we do on ours.
Ian and Rosie

Ola, we're back!

Clearly the weather needs reporting !

We had plenty sun on Tuesday, walking from A Coruna to Hotel Alba.

Brisk and brief March showers (including hail in perfect geometric hexagonal stars) alternating with blue skies and warm sunshine on Wed and Thursday - beautiful weather for walking in, especially through woods with moss and lichen and darling little narcissi with reflexed sepals/petals and mimosa!! I didn't expect mimosa!

Friday was a steady drizzle and a hard slog on hard streets into Santiago which looked cold and drear on first sight. But the double bed and lovely bathroom and heating and friendliness in Hostel Suso soon changed my mind,

and then Saturday making the acquaintance of the cathedral yesterday (when I think it was also drizzling a bit) and finding the Romanesque bits was great, except for the cold which developed on Friday night (I think it was one we took with us, not a galician one).

Today, of course, looked set fair, when we boarded the bus at 9.30 for the airport.

So now I am deaf in one ear from the plane, and heading for the bath, and some clean clothes before we go to admire the newly marrieds' new home!

Thanks to all for their good wishes, and more anon!

Hi Bridget and Peter!
Welcome home! Glad to hear your reports and that you had a wonderful Camino. Looking forward to the photos!
Buen Camino,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Mein Gott
I hate people droning on about the weather and their ailments its so English so come on spill the beans what was it like for you lay it all out for us.
Ian and Rosie

sagalouts said:
I'm loving the way our names have become a euphemism for how bad the rain is,
Like its raining Ians and Rosies?

sagalouts said:
Mein Gott
I hate people droning on about the weather and their ailments its so English so come on spill the beans what was it like for you lay it all out for us.
Ian and Rosie

You can't have it both ways!

Well it was great but the cold is now at the most miserable moment - undescribable gunk from almost every orifice and a coughing fit a few minutes ago when I thought I was going to stop breathing. And my ears are still blocked up. So I am distracting myself with going back over the last week's forum posts and breathing steam. As I clearly cannot go back to work tomorrow for fear of bringing the lurgy to west norfolk I will blog it all properly after a night's sleep.

But yes - I will have plenty to say - for example, Mr JW - about that million km length into Seguiero with at least 37 ups and downs before you get to that dratted bus shelter.

And not forgetting that dear little envelope and card that Benigno handed over about 30 seconds after we walked up to the Bruma albergue! Funny about the 'biscuit in the night' - Peter has a knack of searching out the chocolate digestives in foreign supermarkets, and they do keep one's spirits up when the feet are tired.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My cold has been really rather nasty. Peter came down with it today, but seems to have shaken it off after a morning in bed, while I am still sneezing, coughing and snorting.

And it's taking longer to do the blog than I thought! So far I have only got to the end of the first day's walking. But it's there now!

And I haven't mentioned the weather.

No socks were subjected to sandals in the making of this pilgrimage.

Ok, now I have posted accounts of the first two days - A-Coruna to Bruma - on our blog (see below).

The rest will have to wait for tomorrow.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Speaking of weddings, last Saturday's meeting of the Toronto chapter of the Canadian Company of Pilgrims (180-200 turned up) saw two sets of credentials go to couples planning to do their honeymoons on the Camino.

Bridget and Peter said:
No socks were subjected to sandals in the making of this pilgrimage.
:lol: :) :)
Looking forward to reading your blog! And sagalouts.... since you have become such an aficionado of wet weather....maybe your next trip should be walking in New Zealand :D We have lots of rain quite often, especially in the mountains where the best walking tracks are :?

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back