• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A weird post for a weird time - the amphibians of Alhambra

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
I just saw this interesting article about the Alhambra. It's not the usual.
If you go there and can peel your eyes away from the buildings, there are other things to notice. It's still a very alive place (I love that they have made newt ramps)!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just saw this interesting article about the Alhambra. It's not the usual.
If you go there and can peel your eyes away from the buildings, there are other things to notice. It's still a very alive place (I love that they have made newt ramps)!
Thanks for the link. Always good to have something new to add to one's store of knowledge. I had a great time wandering around there many long years ago. How many servants of one kind or another risked life and limb to set up and maintain that precious piece of history.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As Wayfarer says "What a difference a few years make"

Today with most of the world in shambles due to the pandemic it is pure joy to even dream/remember walking to/through the Alhambra with or without the newts.

2004 after my first camino my husband and I celebrated Christmas visiting the Alhambra.
We simply walked up the Paseo de la Sabica hill and wandered in. Christmas dinner was a splendid meal in the clublike small adjacent parador.

Once experienced the magic of such special spaces and moments is unforgettable.Thank goodness for enduring memories .

Last edited:
As Wayfarer says "What a difference a few years make"

Today with most of the world in shambles due to the pandemic it is pure joy to even dream/remember walking to/through the Alhambra with or without the newts.

2004 after my first camino my husband and I celebrated Christmas visiting the Alhambra. What memories!! We simply walked up the hill and wandered in. Christmas dinner was a splendid meal in the clublike small adjacent parador.

Once experienced the magic of such special spaces and moments is unforgettable. Thank goodness for enduring memories .
How right you are Margaret, our first visit was 2005 or 2006. We had hired a car in Malaga and just drove around southern Spain and stopped wherever we happened to be as evening arrived. How blessed and lucky we are to have seen so much of the world up till now, hopefully we will see more of it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back