A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A wink and a nod...

Camino(s) past & future
CF Fall (2018)
Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little. Ireland.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @ItAintARace and welcome to the forum!

No need to take a cab from Pamplona to St. Jean - there is an Alsa bus which would be much less expensive. There is also an Alsa bus that runs directly from Barajas airport T4 to Pamplona. Check here for information:
www.alsa.es

I just plugged in Tuesday for an indication of times:

Barajas T4 - Pamplona
01:15-6:30
10:45-15:35
15:15-20:15
19:45-01:00

Pamplona - St. Jean Pied de Port
14:30-16:15
17:30-19:15

Don't know if these times are good for you but you never know.

Buen Camino!

p.s. I'll be behind you crossing over the Pyrenees Monday the 22nd and have booked tickets with Alsa as I mentioned above

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santa Domingo (2017)
Santa Domingo to Fromista (2018)
Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little.
Cherish your Camino with your daughter!! I had the pleasure of walking the Francis with my 20 y/o daughter in 2016.
I hope you both get everything out of your walk that you want and need
Buen Camino

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77 (by train); Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little.
Good for you and your daughter! I've spent many days on the Camino, but the days shared with my son were the best!

(And a gold star to the first person who can name the place this pic was taken!)

1539352964673.png

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
May the road rise to meet you, and the sun be gently on your face, and the wind at your back... a poor memory of an Irish greeting, wishing you the best of Caminos.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
You get the gold star!

Always liked that street in Viana....! Great place for a break! And good tapas!
I was thinking it might be Viana, too. I loved that street with the beautiful iron fence and gate that separated the church from the street.

I walked the Frances with my son in 2015, 2017, and the Norte/Primitivo in 2016. He took good care of his old mama! :) Now planning 2019. View attachment 47392
What a wonderful experience and not once, but several times!

My son invited me to join him for a two week trek in the Andes this summer and we both survived, even after sleeping in the same tent! He doesn't really "get" my Camino addiction but he longer is surprised when I report that I am off once again to walk.

Cherish those moments and take advantage whenever they arise.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%