• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A wink and a nod...

ItAintARace

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Octubre 2022
Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little.Ireland.jpeg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi @ItAintARace and welcome to the forum!

No need to take a cab from Pamplona to St. Jean - there is an Alsa bus which would be much less expensive. There is also an Alsa bus that runs directly from Barajas airport T4 to Pamplona. Check here for information:
www.alsa.es

I just plugged in Tuesday for an indication of times:

Barajas T4 - Pamplona
01:15-6:30
10:45-15:35
15:15-20:15
19:45-01:00

Pamplona - St. Jean Pied de Port
14:30-16:15
17:30-19:15

Don't know if these times are good for you but you never know.

Buen Camino!

p.s. I'll be behind you crossing over the Pyrenees Monday the 22nd and have booked tickets with Alsa as I mentioned above

Last edited:
Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little.
Cherish your Camino with your daughter!! I had the pleasure of walking the Francis with my 20 y/o daughter in 2016.
I hope you both get everything out of your walk that you want and need
Buen Camino

Much appreciation for this incredibly valuable community. Our time has come and the flight leaves this Monday (Oct. 15) arriving in Madrid Tuesday morning. After a plane ride to Pamplona (or the train if we don't make the connection), we'll be off to SJPP. Please let me know if you'll be in the Pamplona airport late Tuesday morning looking to share a taxi. My 20 something daughter and I are "busting at the seams" with excitement. Our walk begins Wednesday morning and oh how we are anticipating some wine before we start...just a little.

Good for you and your daughter! I've spent many days on the Camino, but the days shared with my son were the best!

(And a gold star to the first person who can name the place this pic was taken!)

1539352964673.png

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
May the road rise to meet you, and the sun be gently on your face, and the wind at your back... a poor memory of an Irish greeting, wishing you the best of Caminos.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked the Frances with my son in 2015, 2017, and the Norte/Primitivo in 2016. He took good care of his old mama! :) Now planning 2019.View attachment 47392

What a wonderful experience and not once, but several times!

My son invited me to join him for a two week trek in the Andes this summer and we both survived, even after sleeping in the same tent! He doesn't really "get" my Camino addiction but he longer is surprised when I report that I am off once again to walk.

Cherish those moments and take advantage whenever they arise.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back