Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino A winters walk

I could not agree more. I understand that people walk with different intentions and different time pressures, but this is really a stage to be savored.

Good advice, because I have read about a few peregrinos who walked all the way up to the and then missed the turnoff to the Ermita and the views. When you see the large crosses (I believe it’s for Catholics who want to pray the Stations of the Cross), turn up and left and you will get there. Easy to get back to the camino, but it seems that there is better marking needed at the turnoff. It’s a pity, because the high point is only a few hundred meters from the camino!

❤️💙💜💛 I know some don’t like it, but I would never walk an untraveled camino without it!

This is such a helpful post, Mary Ellen. It sounds like you are likely to go back again, and if you do, and if you have the time, I would highly recommend doing the loop to the lookouts over the iconic horsehoe in the Miño River. This can easily be done by staying either at Torre Vilariño or the new Diomondi albergue. It is really a beautiful little circle, romanesque church to top it off as well. And you would also probably like visiting the castro (with another good lookout over the river) and the museum, both of which are a stone’s throw from Torre Vilariño.

Thanks for this great contribution to the Invierno fan club.
Thank you Laurie,
As you can read my two inviernos are tributes to the information from this unique forum, reading here at Ivar's feels like being on the Camino with out a doubt.
@Karin309's daily posts are what inspired me to write as I walked instead of at the end of the camino, to run into her on the last day to Santiago was perfect!! I too realized a few days before that we were possibly headed for a camino collision.I am glad she inspired me, writing every day while walking alone made my camino so much more with all of the cheers from all of you.
That is my plan to break up the day from Monforte to Chantada, try to stay at Torre Villariño. Manuel from Bar Mar told me it is a perfect place. And if course I have read all about it here in the forum.
The coil...to think I almost left it at home to save a couple hundred grams. I will always take it, I liked being able to recuperate at the end of the day with a hot drink. Thank you coil club!!!!
Buen camino
MaryEllen

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Gracias Mary Ellen. I have followed with great interest and am saving your summary and other posts for reference. Very grateful for your strength, courage and optimism throughout. I feel I’ve made a friend on this virtual walk with you! Enhorabuena y, come siempre, ultreia! Abrazos from one musician to another…

Gracias Mary Ellen. I have followed with great interest and am saving your summary and other posts for reference. Very grateful for your strength, courage and optimism throughout. I feel I’ve made a friend on this virtual walk with you! Enhorabuena y, come siempre, ultreia! Abrazos from one musician to another…
Also from one Oregonian to another. I was born and raised in Portland Oregon!! What a small world we live in!!
MaryEllen

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Semana santa update

Hello everyone,
I hope all of you on or off camino are having a nice semana santa. My son and I are out walking the Sanabres which I have written about in another thread but something happened today and I wanted to share it here since it is a follow up to my invierno in February.
As you have read I had a bad fall on the second to last day on Carnaval. I was helped in Silleda by a camino angel Lucia. I have recovered, my eye took about 10 days my lip the same, the worst injury was to my chest muscle and that took 3 weeks before I could breathe with out noticing the injury.
As most know the Sanabres joins the invierno at A Laxe. I knew this but it didn't dawn on me until yesterday that I would be walking through Silleda and of course I thought of LucĂ­a. Walking with my son is a different experience, I knew he would not have the patience for a long visit so I decided to wait and see, decide what to do when I got there. When we were arriving in Silleda I kept looking for the health center where I had met LucĂ­a walking her dog. It became clear that I was entering Silleda slightly differently then February. I looked over at a different park and there was LucĂ­a and her dog!! It was so nice to see her with out a messed up face and thank her. She was to busy to get coffee but we both agree that we will see eachother again. I asked her where the health center was and the Camino doesn't go by it...I have no idea how I got there, I don't remember getting off track, but I did get to where I needed to be on carnaval....connections....
Thanks for reading and
Buen camino!!
MaryEllen

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back