• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Wonderful Resource for Planning Any Camino

Nada J

Time of past OR future Camino
(2009)(2018)
The Camino Forum has provided me with information, support, inspiration and a lifeline during this wretched pandemic. Thank you to Ivar for the contribution you have made to all of us.🥰🥰 The Forum helped me plan for the Camino Frances which I walked in 2018. Somehow, I walked the Camino Frances for the first time in 2009 without knowing about the Forum but I sure learned a lot and was better prepared in 2018 because of the Forum.

So, with great anticipation, I have decided to walk the Via de la Plata starting on April 18, 2022 after spending 4 days at Easter in Sevilla. I don't know whether I found this website on my own or through the Forum, but boy, it sure has provided me with a wealth of information as I plan my stages for the Via de la Plata. So, to give back to the Forum, in case this resource isn't familiar with some of you, here is the website link... https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/.

Buen Camino to all those who plan on walking a Camino in 2022.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Camino Forum has provided me with information, support, inspiration and a lifeline during this wretched pandemic. Thank you to Ivar for the contribution you have made to all of us.🥰🥰 The Forum helped me plan for the Camino Frances which I walked in 2018. Somehow, I walked the Camino Frances for the first time in 2009 without knowing about the Forum but I sure learned a lot and was better prepared in 2018 because of the Forum.

So, with great anticipation, I have decided to walk the Via de la Plata starting on April 18, 2022 after spending 4 days at Easter in Sevilla. I don't know whether I found this website on my own or through the Forum, but boy, it sure has provided me with a wealth of information as I plan my stages for the Via de la Plata. So, to give back to the Forum, in case this resource isn't familiar with some of you, here is the website link... https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/.

Isn't this a great site!! I totally agree. Thanks Ivar and all the moderators who give such sage advice,
I will also be walking the VDLP next April, starting on the 8th. I would have loved to be in Seville over Easter but as I have already booked my flight, I will hopefully be in Merida that weekend. I will check out your weblink. Buen Camino to you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well… most importantly it strongly advertises “Contrata el transporte de tu mochila en el Camino de Santiago😁 so, thanks for letting know this option

So far the best for the planing stages and sleeps have been www.gronze.com and godesalco.com

Did you enjoy the 4 days in Sevilla during Easter?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well… most importantly it strongly advertises “Contrata el transporte de tu mochila en el Camino de Santiago😁 so, thanks for letting know this option

So far the best for the planing stages and sleeps have been www.gronze.com and godesalco.com
For sure the two sites you mentioned nare very good resources.

For sure, the two sites you mentioned are great resources. For the "Correos" site, under each stage you need to click "see more" and you will get detailed directions and lots of great tips of what to see. Plus accommodation suggestions.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have recently returned from the VDLP, walked from Seville to Merida. I enjoyed walking that section of the VDLP very much. On the way, I found the Wise Pilgrim app very useful, especially the map of the app. Even though the waymarking was mostly very good, in some places I missed the arrows. And in some rare sections, there was not much waymarking (for example, after Torremejia). In those situations I was always able to check from the Wise Pilgrim map whether I am on the Camino route or which direction to choose. It gave much confidence on walking alone.

I have recently returned from the VDLP, walked from Seville to Merida. I enjoyed walking that section of the VDLP very much. On the way, I found the Wise Pilgrim app very useful, especially the map of the app. Even though the waymarking was mostly very good, in some places I missed the arrows. And in some rare sections, there was not much waymarking (for example, after Torremejia). In those situations I was always able to check from the Wise Pilgrim map whether I am on the Camino route or which direction to choose. It gave much confidence on walking alone.
Thanks for the info and I'll download the app once I make space on my phone... too many hiking and grandkid photos! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome. Yes, that is a very good resource, one of many we used to plot our first two Caminos. I am a moderator on a FB site "Hiking the Camino and the World" (check it out) and based on the number of new member requests, 2022 may be an incredibly busy year along the Camino routes. I planned to walk del Norte solo in 2020 for a birthday milestone, but COVID changed that. Based on how busy Santiago de Compostela might be next year, I am considering shifting gears and walking the Via Francigena from Canterbury England to Rome ... let me see how ambitious I get. Buen Camino,

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back