• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

aaargh! I have done it again HELP

rector

ONE HALF
Time of past OR future Camino
SJ-Sdc MAY (2011)
SJ-Sdc MAY (2014)
Sar-Sdc Oct (2015)
Pon-Sdc Ju (2016)
SJ-Log (2018)
I don't know what came over me there I was watching the television with my lap top where it should be on my lap when suddenly I realised I had booked flights and accommodation and My wife, God help her, and I are off over those blasted Pyrenees once again, we will need a pair of knees if this goes on much longer. Is there somewhere I can go to get rid of this affliction, no addiction. I can't face any more white asparagus!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't know what came over me there I was watching the television with my lap top where it should be on my lap when suddenly I realised I had booked flights and accommodation and My wife, God help her, and I are off over those blasted Pyrenees once again, we will need a pair of knees if this goes on much longer. Is there somewhere I can go to get rid of this affliction, no addiction. I can't face any more white asparagus!

All is not lost!!! My dinner at Albergue Turistico in Salceda mid-October 2017 included a plate of scrambled eggs with fresh (green) asparagus. That broke the curse of white (canned) asparagus...

Perhaps a little surprisingly, the dish worked very well - I would happily go back and retry. (Maybe 2018?)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't know what came over me there I was watching the television with my lap top where it should be on my lap when suddenly I realised I had booked flights and accommodation and My wife, God help her, and I are off over those blasted Pyrenees once again, we will need a pair of knees if this goes on much longer.
The best way to go: I always do it like that: Booking, with no refund option, is the best way to secure you HAVE to go. Well done!

Is there somewhere I can go to get rid of this affliction, no addiction. I can't face any more white asparagus!
You are already here... But as I wrote somewhere else: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...;)

Buen Camino to you and the jeffa!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Maybe it’s time to face the facts - you don’t actually want help!!
Enjoy.
I love Kiwi (fruit) and I think that you are right, but I pose the question, Do most addictions not require you to love them 'unreasonably'

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Don't Stop Walking !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The best way to go: I always do it like that: Booking, with no refund option, is the best way to secure you HAVE to go. Well done!
I forgot to say: I never book a return ticket: I did twice in the past, and both times had to order new ones because of change of plans/circumstances.:(

Easy for me as I live in Norway, only 3-4 hours from Spain, with access to cheap flights, but my airline has become one of the world's largest low-fare companies, so maybe there is hope for You too? :)

www.norwegian.com

I forgot to say: I never book a return ticket: I did twice in the past, and both times had to order new ones because of change of plans/circumstances.:(

Easy for me as I live in Norway, only 3-4 hours from Spain, with access to cheap flights, but my airline has become one of the world's largest low-fare companies, so maybe there is hope for You too? :)

www.norwegian.com
NA NA NAN NA I live in Ireland you just about get coffee on the plane and you are there

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Then I assume cheap (in every sense: tried them once: not again...;)) Ryanair flights. ;) But for those overseas and other parts of Europe...
I can honestly say (trust me I am an Anglican Priest) that I have never been let down by said airline.

So many of us so happily addicted! ;):)
The white asparagus with the fab Spanish mayonnaise is always my starter of choice if it's on the menu del dia - it's a small addiction which is a part of a much larger addiction - i.e. the Camino in all its forms ... I love it all!
Cheers -
Jenny

Put several large heavy rocks in your backpack and do not take any water to save weight on this trip.

Last edited:

www.norwegian.com

NA NA NAN NA I live in Ireland you just about get coffee on the plane and you are there

I hate you both :p

Coming from the west coast of the US, and from a small city to boot, it takes me
f o r e v e r to get to Spain!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Coming from the west coast of the US, and from a small city to boot, it takes me
f o r e v e r to get to Spain!

Ah yes, but it means you have all that time to anticipate your walk along the Camino on the way there, and all that time to savour your experiences and memories that you acquired as you walked along the Camino, on your way back, @trecile!

AND, by being so far away from Spain, it just makes more sense to go for long periods of time vs short little hops! More Spain for more time!

AND, by being so far away from Spain, it just makes more sense to go for long periods of time vs short little hops! More Spain for more time!
Well, yes, but we cannot stay for more than 3 months at a time before the Schengen visa turns us into persona non grata pumpkins. So if one has other commitments in Europe, that means a shorter (or no) Camino. :(
And that's not even considering the huge difference in cost of getting there.
Yup. I'm with @trecile in the envy camp. :oops::D

Well, yes, but we cannot stay for more than 3 months at a time before the Schengen visa turns us into persona non grata pumpkins. So if one has other commitments in Europe, that means a shorter (or no) Camino. :(

Me too! Envy, envy, envious of all Europeans. I would also love to start walking at my door as Europeans do. Alas, as I have yet to master walking on water.... And, I have flown from Los Angeles and New York, not a cheap venture. Bah humbug!

Oh, and the slimy white asparagus from tins?
You Europeans can have it.
As much as you want, for as long as you want. :p
You are right NV I come from N Irelandwhere because Iam British soon I can be Non European if I want and because I live on the island of Ireland I can be European if I want white asparagus belong in Europe (at this point I am British). After two weeks of white asparagus I can still remember the Spanish bacon eggs and chips (fries for our American Brothers and sisters) at this point I am European ( I am also confused)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ah yes, but it means you have all that time to anticipate your walk along the Camino on the way there, and all that time to savour your experiences and memories that you acquired as you walked along the Camino, on your way back, @trecile!

Not to mention the great joy of seeing how long you can be sitting all cramped up in a small seat by the several hours and hours and hours .......

Not to mention the great joy of seeing how long you can be sitting all cramped up in a small seat by the several hours and hours and hours .......
Try flying from NZ, takes days.... But at least on this side of the globe it is sunny and we have fresh asparagus.

Buen Camino.
And, ... don't worry about the error, because that is the cure.

I blame Michael O Leary Ryanair boss. God bless him he only charges 25 /30 euros for flights to Biarritz, Santander vigo and you are on Camino in an hour. All ready booked for Pyrenees in April. Norte in June.
Only walked for 80 days on Camino in 2017 or about 1800 km. Must up to 2000 km for 2018. Now must get the turkey☹️

You can ship your white asparagus to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I blame Michael O Leary Ryanair boss. God bless him he only charges 25 /30 euros for flights to Biarritz, Santander vigo and you are on Camino in an hour. All ready booked for Pyrenees in April. Norte in June.
Only walked for 80 days on Camino in 2017 or about 1800 km. Must up to 2000 km for 2018. Now must get the turkey☹️
You are correct but rather than going the direct route we are going Belfast to Paris easy jet 2 days under the bridges of Paris with me, fast train to Bayonne on to St Jean 7 days later Logrono to Zarragosa 1day to Barcelona 2days easy jet to Belfast nice wee break

You are correct but rather than going the direct route we are going Belfast to Paris easy jet 2 days under the bridges of Paris with me, fast train to Bayonne on to St Jean 7 days later Logrono to Zarragosa 1day to Barcelona 2days easy jet to Belfast nice wee break
Aaaw, rub it in, will you? :D:D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
:p You are quite terrible!

Have a wonderful 'wee break' and let us know how you get on. :)
Thats funny or rather thats strange thats what everyone says

Caminoholism - definitely an addiction, but one that is socially acceptable due to the attributes acquired along the Way, such as, greater faith in fellow man, greater understanding of how we fit into the Universe and how we fit into our lives. Would our World not be a better place if a pilgrimage was a mandatory thing for us at least every 10 years of our lives?

We put a big challenge in front of ourselves, much greater than perhaps we have ever experienced and see that even if the 800 km is too much for our bodies, the experience is still most rewarding, and worth every penny of our travel costs, no matter where we come from.

For me, I found something much more unsettling. I began to feel more at home on the Camino than I do at my own home, the home of my birth. Now, I doubt that I will ever leave Canada permanently but I am considering a, "home in between," in Ireland.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Caminoholism - definitely an addiction, but one that is socially acceptable due to the attributes acquired along the Way, such as, greater faith in fellow man, greater understanding of how we fit into the Universe and how we fit into our lives. Would our World not be a better place if a pilgrimage was a mandatory thing for us at least every 10 years of our lives?

We put a big challenge in front of ourselves, much greater than perhaps we have ever experienced and see that even if the 800 km is too much for our bodies, the experience is still most rewarding, and worth every penny of our travel costs, no matter where we come from.

For me, I found something much more unsettling. I began to feel more at home on the Camino than I do at my own home, the home of my birth. Now, I doubt that I will ever leave Canada permanently but I am considering a, "home in between," in Ireland.
And as well as that its sure is a lot of fun PS have you checked out the weather in Ireland

Three months is a pretty good amount of time, wha?!
And to stay longer, go to England or Ireland or Scotland or Wales for a lovely cuppa tea, then go back to the Schengen region for three more months! Aha!

I throw my vote in too: Camino envy galore!

There should be a sign on the camino just after St. Jean Pied de Port that says "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here".

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oh man - the white asparagus... and the mixed ensalada... ugh...

Have fun!

And as well as that its sure is a lot of fun PS have you checked out the weather in Ireland

Hello Rector,

Aye, I was the first Hogan back in North Tipperary since we left in 1832, when I returned to Borrisokane and Terryglass in the Summer of 2016. As soon as I saw the barkeep in Terryglass, I apologized for our long absence, then had a pint of Guinness, (Nectar of the Gods).

For August, it was identical to a Summer in Southern Ontario, Canada, warm and inviting, sweet smells all around and people so welcoming, they immediately melt your heart.

It was fortunate that I had connected with "Ireland Reaching Out XO," before arriving as they met with me and showed me around. I know much more about my Ballard and Hogan Ancestors now. In fact, my Great, Great, Great Gtandfater sold a property before leaving for Canada. I saw that property during my trip and this year, placed an offer with the owners. It was refused but once they know my history, advised that I would be given first right of refusal, when they decide to sell. In the mean time, I am looking at a number of properties in the neighbourhood.

Last edited:

Ah yes, the tragedies of traveling! I guess mediation can help with being cramped in a tiny seat, as well as sitting in an aisle seat. If one gets stuck with a middle seat beside two people intent on taking the armrests, there is nothing short of hardcore sleeping pills to deal with that turbulence in one's life! :D

Hahaha, have you ever checked out the weather in Canada?!!! :D

Last edited:
There should be a sign on the camino just after St. Jean Pied de Port that says "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here".
Why should we be the only ones to suffer from this let them all get infected with this disease There is no cure for the camino virus

The white asparagus and the potatoe tortilla they are so much part of the Camino especially with a glass of vino Blanca. Jealous of those who live so close. Coming from Australia it does take forever. I finished my Camino in July this year and those painful 24 hours of flying were worth it to have experienced something as amazing as the Camino I will do it all again minus the asparagus and potato tortilla

Love whilst you can!

For me, I found something much more unsettling. I began to feel more at home on the Camino than I do at my own home,

I feel more at home, and definitely happier on the Camino.

Three months is a pretty good amount of time, wha?!
And to stay longer, go to England or Ireland or Scotland or Wales for a lovely cuppa tea, then go back to the Schengen region for three more months! Aha!

Unfortunately, it's not quite that easy...

I feel more at home, and definitely happier on the Camino.

I know.....
Wishful pie-in-the-sky thinking....

Unfortunately, it's not quite that easy...

Hi Rector
Unfortunately there is no cure, since returning from my Camino ther3 hasn’t been a day that I watched a Camino video or I didn’t dream about my Camino.
All booked in for next May, take care. Cheers Tony

Hi Rector
Unfortunately there is no cure, since returning from my Camino ther3 hasn’t been a day that I watched a Camino video or I didn’t dream about my Camino.
All booked in for next May, take care. Cheers Tony
Perhaps we will see you then because that is when we go

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ha ha ha funny

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back