• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Abbaye Beauport, stopover to Santiago de Compostela

Iriebabel

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Wanted to share this to those interested @Camino Chrissy @KinkyOne and those who walk in France. I have been in France since mid July walking and due to my foot injury touragrinoing (if there is such a word) on and off the GR34 Sentier Littoral from Normandy to Brittany. I have been blogging on my adventures. The link to the blog and YouTube channel is listed below in this post. I was fortunate to see many places including the Abbaye Beauport, the church of St Francis in Dieppe and recently Mount St Michel, which the latter 2 I am currently working on the videos and pictures to be posted at a later date. I am not done yet but will go home in the next few weeks So i can advise on the situation with traveling back to the USA from France.

For now I wanted to share this: The Abbaye Beauport is located in Paimpol Bay, Brittany, France. It is also located along the GR34 Sentier Littoral. In the early days of inception it was one of the many places to stop over on the way to Santiago de Compostela, Spain on Pilgrimage. It is a medieval gothic style monastery with adjoined gardens. The foundation was built in 1202. Closed during the French Revolution the property was subsequently sold off to 3 families in Paimpol. In 1992 a coastal conservation society bought the property and and implemented protected measures to restore and make the property available to the public. Over 50,000 people per year now visit the Abbaye.

Hope you enjoy and get inspired
Iriebabel

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For now I wanted to share this: The Abbaye Beauport is located in Paimpol Bay, Brittany, France.
Irie, I have been following you by watching your nice videos in France. I toured the area you are in, but missed this particular Abbaye unfortunately. It looks awesome and I love gardens, as well.
I did love visiting Mount St. Michel, filled with many toursists though it was.
Have a safe trip back home to Florida!

Irie, I have been following you by watching your nice videos in France. I toured the area you are in, but missed this particular Abbaye unfortunately. It looks awesome and I love gardens, as well.
I did love visiting Mount St. Michel, filled with many toursists though it was.
Have a safe trip back home to Florida!
Yes it is a little further along the GR 34 Sentier Littoral into Brittany and west of Normandy and Mount St Michel. Crowd not too bad at Mount St Michel in September when I went and the weather good. Couple pix included for those who would like to visit. Still working on the videos . I went even further in Brittany on Chemin de Randonees .,.. finding neolith remnants and amazing Megalith display (will share in another thread. ThxA4C79BE4-7C74-4CBE-8155-70E11E0903BB.jpeg31EB26DE-253C-410C-A0A6-2C2798D3BB3A.jpegC9F8E969-17EC-4924-B12F-0064A8447A1C.jpeg7A73E103-5D59-469D-AADB-2299BE873CD5.jpeg

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Back