• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Acacio and Orietta in Viloria were robbed

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
From Camino de Santiago on Facebook

Acacio and Orietta in Viloria de la Rioja were robbed - all the money they had saved up to get them through the cold winter months was taken from them. Now they can't afford to keep their albergue open for the winter. Very sad news.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sil, is there a way we could send them donations? I stayed there on my Camino this year and it was one of the highlights of my walk. I would love to be able to send them some money to help out. They are two of the sweetest people and were so hospitable to me.

Others have asked the same thing. Peter from Santiagobis contacted me too.
I have posted the news on about 7 Facebook pages with a suggestion that we help.
I think it will need a local (Spanish) person or organisation to co-ordinate the collection and liason with Acacio and Orietta.
Any ideas? Anyone?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I saw the post in Spanish and I THOUGHT that's what it said, but wasn't sure. Thanks for telling us.

I read a little about it on Rebecca's blog. Is this the guy whose photo is pasted up all up and down the Camino? Are they sure it was him?

My understanding is that they're only closed for December, and are already in Italy with relatives. Am I reading this correctly?

If you figure out a way to send donations, please post here.

What about just a Paypal account? The link could be on their page, like Rebecca has on hers? People can send whatever they can via Paypal, and they can use CREDIT CARDS!!!!

the pair of them are in Italy.
You can contact them via FaceBook and ask what to do. Charges were filed, etc., I think Acacio is trying to put this behind him now.

Out on the camino, a good number of people will hear no evil spoken against the accused, whom they think is a saint. Me? These Costume Pilgrims always give me the wim-wams.

Reb.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am being un-specific for a reason. Just because one of them did something bad doesn´t mean all of them are bad people. Just strange, in a clown-like way. :|

There were at least four of them in Santiago this week for all the big doings. Added a Kafka-esque note to the proceedings, and made me wonder how they all get along when they see each other accidentally...

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back