• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID Access to Paxlovid

cnxjo

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2017)
Portugal/Porto (2022)
Starting from Porto in 2 weeks. Anyone with knowledge on the ease and process of getting Plaxlovid should one come down with Covid? Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Despite fitting all the requirements recently in UK we were told it is not in wide use there and we would not find any. Even with a British MD in the family.

Other parts of Europe may be different but I would doubt it is easy to find. Pfizer recently reported very slow sales in EU which suggests it s not being widely used.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can only speak to my experience - diagnosed with Covid June 5th in Leon. At the medical office I visited, I discussed Paxlovid with the physician. I declined as I do not have any underlying conditions and felt fairly certain I would have a mild case of Covid (I did!). I had my 2nd booster 2 months prior to starting the Frances. Buen Camino cnxjo and may Covid stay far away from you. This website may give you some information on the availability of Paxlovid in Portugal:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/coronavirus

Prescription only on positive diagnosis and identified clinical need. This is a question for your health insurance provider not this forum.
Apologies for not being clear on question. The question is not what conditions qualifies for Plaxlovid but rather how easy to get a prescription and have it filled if Plaxlovid is indicated. Coming from the US, out of pocket payment for Paxlovid overseas should be eligible for reimbursement from insurance.

An article on theolivepress.es, dated July 6, 2022 says: Paxlovid is now available in Andalucia, and in the northern Spanish areas of Aragon, Navarra, Cantabria and Cataluña. The tablets require a prescription from a doctor and they are currently reserved for people most vulnerable to the illness.

That was a month ago, so in the meantime Paxlovid may also be available in regions under the authority of the other regional health services. It does not sound as if it will be made available for any patient with Covid-19 symptoms who wants it though.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Starting from Porto in 2 weeks. Anyone with knowledge on the ease and process of getting Plaxlovid should one come down with Covid? Thank you.
My sister and family live in France. Her and husband recently got COVID. Sis went to doctor. Was told they cannot prescribe paxlovid unless hospitalized which seems to be would be too late. Husband got it a few days later, didn't even try.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back