A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Accessible albergues

2020 Camino Guides

peregrina2000

Staff member
A friend of a friend will be going from Trabadelo to Santiago in a wheelchair. I have found a few threads with helpful information about the terrain, but wonder if anyone can point me to a list of albergues that are accessible (or, if you have personal info on that, that'd be great too).

Many thanks, Laurie

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Laurie,

I trust that you have seen this earlier Forum thread re the Camino and disabilities. However if not there seem to be several useful links such as the efforts of Ibermutuamur and COGAMI mentioned in Sil's posts.

Perhaps your friend's friend might consider using the wider bicycle route to climb O Cebreiro. It is the way I have walked in snow and it is generally easier to navigate than the main path.

I hope that your research will be successful and, of course, that friend's friend has a Buen camino!

Margaret Meredith

C

Castilian

The Guía del Camino de Santiago Accesible available on www.predif.org/index.php?q=publicaciones_turismo will be useful for you. The search engine on the home page of predif (www.predif.org) to look for oferta (de) turismo accesible will be useful too (not just to look for accesible albergues but also for other sort of establishments).

Not as useful as the guide and the info provided by the links I quoted above but the info provided in www.turismo.gal/canle-institucional/actualidade/detalle-nova?langId=es_ES&content=nova_0994.html may also be of your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%