• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accom. in Irun

otter

Hola peregrinos.
I'll be arriving in Irun from Amsterdam in the early evening of Saturday 18 July. Is it unwise to assume I'll be able to get a space in the refugio so late in the day? Of course I have the option of booking ahead for a hotel room, but it doesn't really seem in the spirit of the endeavor to start off that way.
Best wishes
DW

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
otter said:
Hola peregrinos.
I'll be arriving in Irun from Amsterdam in the early evening of Saturday 18 July. Is it unwise to assume I'll be able to get a space in the refugio so late in the day? Of course I have the option of booking ahead for a hotel room, but it doesn't really seem in the spirit of the endeavor to start off that way.
Best wishes
DW

Of course, you can try to sleep in the albergue. If it's full, in the albergue will suggest you other options.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.