• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Abbaye de Sainte-Foy Conques

Leigh Lorayne

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino del Norte Irun to Ribadasella (2016)
Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago (2016)
I can’t find much information on accommodation in the Abbey. Just a few questions.

Can you reserve ahead at the Abbey? Can you stay more than one night?

Is there a website where I could see more specific about accommodation at the Abbey?

What was it like when you stayed there?

Thanks so much! So glad for this forum.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can’t find much information on accommodation in the Abbey. Just a few questions.

Is there a website where I could see more specific about accommodation at the Abbey?

Here is their website https://abbaye-conques.org/hotellerie. There's a hyperlink on the site so you can write them directly. I will be staying there for the first time myself in May.

Since you are planning to stay at the most special Abbaye you will certainly appreciate this earlier thread.

Happy planning and Bon chemin.
Thanks so much. My computer wouldn’t open “this earlier thread”. I’ m not sure why- I am not too computer savvy.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Here is their website https://abbaye-conques.org/hotellerie. There's a hyperlink on the site so you can write them directly. I will be staying there for the first time myself in May.
Thanks. It worked! Can you book for more than one night? I haven’t read everything on the website so maybe the question will be answered.

Thanks so much. My computer wouldn’t open “this earlier thread”. I’ m not sure why- I am not too computer savvy.
Sorry. Please try this again. I have corrected it.

Since you are planning to stay at the most special Abbaye you will certainly appreciate reading this earlier thread

Sorry. Please try this again. I have corrected it.

Since you are planning to stay at the most special Abbaye you will certainly appreciate reading this earlier thread
I am having so much frustration trying to contact the Abbey in Conques. . Not the hotel. Or are they one and the same? The website seems to take me to the hotel not the Abbey or am I just confused. The recent Via Podiensis accommodation posting was amazingly helpful for booking reservations but the email of the Abbey is obscured. Does anyone have an email address for the Abbey? ( not the hotel) I will really appreciate the help!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When two friends and myself stayed at the Abbey in Conques in 2018 we discovered it was already booked up prior and since we were securing our lodging only one day at a time we were disappointed.
The good news was that they hold out (I think it was ten beds) for walk-ins, so we made sure we arrived early enough in the day to secure available beds for each of us; a bit worrisome, but it worked out, and staying there was a delightful experience!

Yes I would really like to! I am just having trouble getting an email address for the Abbey to reserve. Anyone…..?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

it's absolutely amazing! Go to the evening explanation session and hear the monk play 'House of the Rising Sun' on the orca.(if he doesn't play that, maybe you'll get something just as great) and the light show explaining how the Tympan used to look is unbelievable.

it's absolutely amazing! Go to the evening explanation session and hear the monk play 'House of the Rising Sun' on the orca.(if he doesn't play that, maybe you'll get something just as great) and the light show explaining how the Tympan used to look is unbelievable.
It was wonderful and the song on the organ bellowing out gave me nearly some chills.

Thank you everyone. From what is written I know I don’t want to miss staying there! I have finally made contact! All is well. And hopefully there will be room. Now that I am booking into May I am feeling the pressure of the French holidays.
One of the gite owners ( is there a French word for hospitalero?) confirmed the booking pressure can be real. He already had bookings in May. So that added to mine. I am so grateful for this Forum.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed here, and it is truly memorable. I booked ahead several weeks.

The pilgrim service after dinner was lovely, and the Priest had pilgrims read the scripture in different languages. I read in English, a man from Germany in German and of course someone from France in French. Standing inside that beautiful Cathedral reading scripture was one of the highlights of my Camino (and I walked all the way to Santiago).

The light show on the facade of the church each evening was also wonderful, and shouldn't be missed.

FWIW... I walked all the way from Estaing to get to Conques. It was a long walk. I think it was about 32km. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have had a rest day in Conques to enjoy the town and recover from my long walk.

I hope that helps.

I see how sacred a moment it must have been for you in the beautiful Cathedral reading the scripture. I am very much looking forward to my experience there and will hopefully be successful in booking 2 days.. However it is the first weekend in May. I just emailed today. Did you find that there was a quick response time or should I just be patient. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I emailed on August 2 and got a response August 3. The response asked for a deposit via paypal. Looks like I made the deposit on August 3 and got an email confirmation on August 4. Good luck!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
They did reply! Thanks.

is there a French word for hospitalero?
"hospitalier": this word is mainly used for volunteers (they are volunteers in Conques).
When this is a commercial accomodation, the word is "hôte", and a the neologism "gîteur" becomes to be used...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great! Enjoy. FWIW... there is a tough climb out of Conque when you leave but a great view of the city when you reach the top. There is also a bell you can ring when you make it there, try to find it. I missed that.
I assume the bell is part of the chapel on that hill. Here is the view looking down to Conques in the valley from it.
Screenshot_20230203-093627~2.png
Edit- Yummy lunch and dessert crepes in Conques.
Screenshot_20230203-093503~2.pngScreenshot_20230203-093524~2.png

Last edited:
Great! Enjoy. FWIW... there is a tough climb out of Conque when you leave but a great view of the city when you reach the top. There is also a bell you can ring when you make it there, try to find it. I missed that.
Thanks for the heads up. I will look for the bell.

"hospitalier": this word is mainly used for volunteers (they are volunteers in Conques).
When this is a commercial accomodation, the word is "hôte", and a the neologism "gîteur" becomes to be used...
Important information to know. Thanks.
I emailed on August 2 and got a response August 3. The response asked for a deposit via paypal. Looks like I made the deposit on August 3 and got an email confirmation on August 4. Good luck!
Yes they were very quick! I have a bed😊

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back