• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation after the Camino

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
My wife and I are walking the Via de la Plata this April and May, expecting to finish and arrive in Finisterre at the end of May. This will be my sixth longest walk and my wife's fifth. All together we will walk close to 1,100 km give or take on this latest camino.

After the walk, we will take the small gauge train that runs along the top of Spain back towards France. stopping along the way here and there. After that we will probably train over to Switzerland to see some family. We are in no rush btw.

We would like to kick back for a few days, maybe for as long as a week in one or two places. This could mean staying in and around Finisterre, Muxia or Santiago before we start our little train adventure, or simply stopping in northern Spain along the way back to France at some cute beach bed and breakfast place. Ideally where ever we decide to stay, the place ideally has some self contained facilities like a mini kitchen, etc. Nothing fancy or high end too.

We are open to any great suggestions

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
On the FEVE line we stopped off at Ribadeo, halfway between Ferrol and Oviedo. We have also stayed in Ribadasella and Llanes as well as Santander before catching our ferry home. The first was a hostal, breakfast in the owners bar next door. The other three were hotels, one breakfast, one breakfast in their bar and the last breakfast in their dining room included in overnight price.
If you would like contact details PM us and we'll PM you with names and telephone numbers and approx costs.
Buen Camino

The Little Fox House has a fire going in the lareira, soup's on, bread in the oven, big beds are warm and cosy, and the surroundings just beg for pilgrim meditation walks. Weather is cool but mostly sunny. "Official" opening of A Casa do Raposito is March 1st, but pilgrims walking to Muxia, Finisterre or those finishing in Santiago are very welcome to come and "chill" for a few days. Compostela is necessary as the idea is for pilgrims to reflect on their Camino before returning home.
I am a writer and psychotherapist and four time pilgrim.This is my private home, not an albergue. Those who come here come as guests and all is strictly donativo. It is a haven of peace and quiet and your need for privacy will be respected. Sometimes I feel as though I am in the 14th century!
Got some great recipes to try. Even have a machine that does back and shoulder massage and a foot spa ... extensive book and video library, internet.
Will post some photos as soon as I can.
In the meantime anyone wishing to stay can call me at 0034 686 315 328, or email me at priscillianmartyr@yahoo.com Minumum stay three nights, maximum is five. There is a "job jar" as most have indicated they want to be put to work as part of the re entry process!!! The old church in front is in desperate need of some ruthless gardening. Carantona is 9klms off the Camino to Muxia near Ponte do Porto. It's a gorgeous walk along the Ria de Camarinas. I can pick you up in Muxia if you can't walk another step! Reservations are essential as there is room only for a maximum of four (or six VERY good friends!). All meals are included (mostly vegetarian) and tours of the history and mythology of the area can be arranged (dolmens, lighthouses, hermits and iron age castros ...) and hopefully so can some trout fishing!
If you are interested in learning a bit more about the Costa da Morte, see my blog at
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

just reposting from a previous post
sounds good to me
Ian

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola

What a great prospect. I find the Costa da Morte beautiful. If you are touring by car you can stop off in many little villages. I think A Coruna is very worth a visit. I'm certain you will find self catering accommodation around the coast and the Tourist Office of Galicia in Santiago will be able to help:

http://www.turgalicia.es/portada

If want some home from home welcome (not self catering) you might also consider a short visit to Tracy's place: https://www.facebook.com/TheLittleFoxHouse

Let us know how you get on please.

Buen camino

John

When we stayed in Muxia we asked in Bar Miramare on the sea front if they had rooms and they took us to a lovely house on Calle Real I think where we stayed for a couple of days. Also the FEVE trip is good, its a bit like doing the Camino del Norte and there are some interesting places, Luarca, Ribadesella, San Vicente de la Barquera and Comillas. But all the large towns are worth a visit so I think you may be spoilt for choice. We usually stayed in hostels. There may be a website Top Rural or something like that which may have self catering accomodation. Enjoy your camino.

On my 1st camino i stayed in a holday flat in muros de nalon i think called hotel apartment flors, they charged 30 euros a night. The feve runs through the place, also there is little beautiful walks nearby on camino, cudillero is about 5 km away you can also head down the Rio Nalon on trails next to it.At the end of my last camino i went to Llanes and spent a week there, it has good bus and train connections with the rest of northern spain so you can do a lot of day trips+ there are little walks nearby , the E9 and 2/3 day walk to covadonga, which i think Terry and Valerie on this forum are thinking of doing. Or there are some beautiful beaches to just relax on, the downside is it can be very touristy.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tia Valeria said:
On the FEVE line we stopped off at Ribadeo, halfway between Ferrol and Oviedo. We have also stayed in Ribadasella and Llanes as well as Santander before catching our ferry home. The first was a hostal, breakfast in the owners bar next door. The other three were hotels, one breakfast, one breakfast in their bar and the last breakfast in their dining room included in overnight price.
If you would like contact details PM us and we'll PM you with names and telephone numbers and approx costs.
Buen Camino
Hi Tia

Sent you a PM - look forward to hearing back from you

Cheers

Your PM seems to have strayed but we will send you a list of our accomodation etc which I assume is what you would like.

Thanks everybody that responded. I am just working through the postings and checking out some of the great suggestions

Cheers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.