• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation along the Camino Finisterre

Rossco

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015, Camino Portugues 2017, Camino Finisterre 2017, Le Puy Route (Sept. 2018)
I arrive in Santiago and after a day or two of rest I plan on continuing to Muxia and Finisterre. Can anyone tell me if the Pilgrims' Office in Santiago has a lust of albergues on thus route available.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In Santiago the Galicia Tourist Office, Rúa do Vilar, 30-32 has a useful free multi-language listing of all the current facilities including albergues and regular accommodation in every village found along the camino to Finisterre and Muxia. This also provides telephone numbers and bus schedules. Their staff is friendly and most helpful. Buen Camino!

Dunno if the Pilgrims' Office has but the Galician Tourist Office has always provided a 'Credencial" and a detailed list of accommodation and other services along the route. The 'Office" is rather focussed on pilgrims journeying to Santiago not those travelling beyond.

I see Margaret has posted the relevant address while I've been typing.

Buen camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just throwing out a strong recommendation for the Albergue Casa Vella in Vilaserio. It is a great place, recently opened. About 12 km after Negreira, so it makes for a 30-plus km day, but so worth it.

https://casavellavilaserioblog.wordpress.com/

And it makes things much easier going forward. If you want to go to Muxia first, the next day to Dumbria (great municipal albergue, paid for by the extremely wealthy founder of the fashion empire Zara) is totally do-able, followed by an easy third day into Muxia. Then one (or two, depending on if you want to stop in Lires) day to Finisterre. I think you'll love this route. It is getting a bit crowded, but I've never had a problem with finding places, not even in high summer this year. Bun camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, three days to Muxia is just for the troopers like Laurie aka @peregrina2000 :)
Me, myself and I as one of the laziest forum members would recommend 4-days walk to Muxia. Very well rounded at 20+ something km: Negreira, Santa Marina, Dumbria (ditto to above post!!!) and Muxia. But of course it can be done in 30+ kms stages.
Or maybe less per day??? ;)

Well, three days to Muxia is just for the troopers like Laurie aka @peregrina2000 :)
Me, myself and I as one of the laziest forum members would recommend 4-days walk to Muxia. Very well rounded at 20+ something km: Negreira, Santa Marina, Dumbria (ditto to above post!!!) and Muxia. But of course it can be done in 30+ kms stages.
Or maybe less per day??? ;)

Well, lazy man, I think you should figure out a way to stop at the Casa Vella in Vilaserio, because I spent a VERY lazy afternoon sitting out on the terrace and sipping herbal tea in a very lovely setting. It is really a gem. The only caveat I would give is that if you are a big eater, you should go to the bar/restaurant, because the guy who ate with us was still hungry when he was done.

Well, lazy man, I think you should figure out a way to stop at the Casa Vella in Vilaserio, because I spent a VERY lazy afternoon sitting out on the terrace and sipping herbal tea in a very lovely setting. It is really a gem. The only caveat I would give is that if you are a big eater, you should go to the bar/restaurant, because the guy who ate with us was still hungry when he was done.
Hehe, I know what I would do next time on the way to Fisterra.
First I would take very short day out from SdC only to Casa Riamonte just before and a bit off route at Augapesada (https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/castelo/albergue-casa-riamonte) and then the second day to Vilaserio. I don't fret being hungry because last summer there was a shop opened in the first house as you turn sharp left from the tarmac road (on the left side) down to the village. Bread, chorizo, queso, aceitunas, cervesa/vino tinto and I'm quite content for the evening :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have to agree 3 days was too fast, just as 32 was too fast for the CF didn't seem like it at the time. :)

Hello,

My partner and I completed our Camino Finisterre in October 2018. Below are the places we stayed at with a little review which may be helpeful to others:

NEGREIRA: we stayed at Albergue Anjana and we liked it. There is a nice patio and garden. For food, we went to Cafe Imperial. Friendly, sociable place. Don't expect haute cuisine but solid, hearty dishes -- pub food style. The family who runs the place is friendly and the lady whipped up a vegetarian option for my partner upon request. How kind! The place is popular with locals too.

A note on the municipal in Negreira: the municipal is located at the opposite end of Negreira, at the top of the hill just after leaving town. We actually went there first, before running away and walking all the way across town again to reach Albergue Anjana. The municipal is actually a nice building, perhaps a bit inconvenient because further away, but the dorms upstairs are nice and cosy, with wooden interiors. There is a large communal area and kitchen. A little garden to relax and dry clothes too. The problem we had here is that we arrived when all the beds in the dorms upstairs were taken. There was an additional room downstairs, with two bunk beds, and we were told we could sleep there. One bed was taken and the other bottom bed was marked as "reserved for people with disability". As we were unpacking, we realised that the bed that was taken (the person wasn't there, only his belongings), and the window area all around it, was surrounded by open tins of food, cartons of milk, half-eaten fruit and lots of dirt. There were lots of flies too. Hot weather plus exposed food probably attracted them. When I went to the hospitalera to tell her about the situation, and if we could tell the person to put the opened food in the kitchen/fridge, she told me that that bed was actually taken by a homeless person and he was not allowed to use the kitchen. Apparently there was nothing she could do. At that point we packed our things and left.

Let me be clear: I think it's a great idea to help a homeless person by offering him/her free accommodation in an albergue. My concern here is how this person is living and how this may affect other pilgrims. Also, I think it's unfair that the room where he/she slept was not clean as the rest of the albergue. Perhaps the cleaner knew and didn't bother cleaning there? That room honestly looked like a shelter. The last thing I want is for that person to be kicked out. What I would like instead, and maybe one of the moderators can help, is to have this homeless person live in the albergue in a decent and hygienic condition. In other words, that he/she is looked after just liket the other pilgrims, including having access to the kitchen.

*SANTA MARINA: we stayed at Casa Pepa, one of our favourite albergues on the Camino Fisterra. Nice facilities, beautiful verandah, great peaceful location, very nice food (including a veggie lentil soup) and atmosphere.

*CEE: we stayed at Albergue A Casa da Fonte, one of our favourites on this Camino. Fantastic kitchen, nice comfy and airy dorm, beautiful lounge with lots of books, knowledgeable and friendly pilgrims who run it.

FINISTERRE: we stayed at Albergue do Sol upon pilgrims' recommendation but we didn't like it. The place is definitely hippie and happy looking (which I personally like), but it's damp and old, the kitchen was very dirty and infested with flies and the hospitaleros did not come across as the friendliest. There is a beautiful yet unloved garden with overgrown grass, bushes and whatnot. There is a dog walking around the premises too, for some this may be cute, for some annoying. Not sure where else to recommend in Finisterre, but I would not stay here again.

I hope this info helps somebody out there! Keep walking!

PK

Pilgrim House - across the street from the Galicia tourist office has maps, lists of albergues, and the Finisterre/Muxia credential.
Just a quick comment that if you still have space in your regular Camino de Santiago credencial, you can continue to use it as you walk towards Finisterre/Muxia, even if it has been "closed off" by the Pilgrim Office when you got your Compostela. That's what my son and I did when we continued on to Finisterre. He got it so that the last stamp in the last square to complete the credencial was at the lighthouse in FInisterre. You don't necessarily need to get a special Finisterre/Muxia credencial to get the certificates in Finisterre or Muxia. Unless it has changed in the last couple of years.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back