• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation and food on camino Inglés

Cityjune

Time of past OR future Camino
17/04/2023
I’m doing the camino Inglés in the first week of September and would like to know what your favourite accommodation and restaurants are so I might build these into my plan .
Also do you recommend booking accommodation ahead ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do you plan on Albergues or private rooms? I booked ahead for private rooms at hotels and pensions in March, but there was no need. I'm sure it will be busier in September.

One restaurant I really enjoyed was Restaurant Cortes in Sigueiro. It was recommended by my hotel and it was excellent.

My husband and I did the Camino Ingles last September. We booked ahead -- wanted real beds (we are in our mid 60s and husband is 6'4" tall so hostel bunks weren't going to cut it for him!). Anyway, here's where we stayed: Hotel Zahara (Ferrol) was OK - served the purpose; Pension Marigato (Neda) was very good including the breakfast; Hotel Eurmesa (Pontedueme) was a bit long in the tooth but worked well (except for the street fair that went all night and was loud! check holiday schedule); Betanzos we used a private apartment rental; Hotel Canaima (Meson de Vento) was decent but not memorable; Siaba Pension (Sigueiro) was AWESOME and not to be missed but it books up so reserve ahead -- excellent breakfast included! When we got to Santiago we splurged and stayed at Hotel San Miguel which was wonderful and had an excellent breakfast.

When in Pontedeume, don't miss Pulperia Os Cen Pasos for seafood. They don't take reservations and it is a small place, so we were on line when the place opened. Our first time eating Padron peppers and they were yum.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When I went in 2021, I stayed at Hotel Almendra n Ferrol: Nice room and they let me store my bags when I arrived before check in time. l and had a wonderful meal at Casa Muraxa. In Neda I stayed at pension Marigato with nice clean rooms and beautiful view of the estuary from my room and a great breakfast, for dinner it was 7 Santinos that was one of the best meals I had. In Pontedueume I stayed at Pension Residence Norte just ok, for dinner it was little place off of Praza Real with really good seafood but i don't remember the name. IN Betanzos i stayed at Hotel Villa De Betanzos, very nice and a good breakfast. I at a pizzeria near by. Be sure to stop at Meso-Museo Xente No Camino after Betanzos and Case Avelina for lunch and then rest stop. These are on the way to Bruma Meson de Vento, where I stayed at Hotel Canaima and had dinner with a bunch of fellow pilgrims I met along the way. In Sigueiro stayed at Pension Villnova nice place but i had dinner there which was microwave meals just ok. In SDC I stayed at Hotel Tafona (very nice), and I ended up getting a salad in one of the supermecados, but had some great coffee and cake at Arias-Nunes - Cafe it was highly recommended and now I know why.

These are the private rooms I stayed at in March.

Ferrol at Hotel Almendra. It was a nice clean room, but I had one issue with the hotel. I was basically locked in. After returning from dinner, I rang the bell and waited to be let in by an employee unlocking the front door from the inside with a key. The same thing happened when I was departing in the morning. No way to get out, and nobody was in the lobby. I made some noise and waited for someone to come down and again unlock the door with a key to let me out. I might have been the only guest in the hotel, meaning they might not have been staffing the front desk? But for safety reasons, I will explore another hotel next time, probably the Parador.

Puentedeume at Hospedaje Norte. Small room but clean and very quiet. Had to call the number on the front door, and someone showed up in about 5 minutes to check me in. A good backup but I will look around at other hotels for next time.

Betanzos at Hostal Portico. Very nice and modern with a good restaurant downstairs. Close to everything and a comfortable stay. I will repeat.

Near Bruma at Hotel Canaima. They pick you up from Casa Avelina. The room was fine, and the restaurant and bar downstairs were very good. The gas station next door has a decent mini-market. The following day I walked back to Casa Avelina (30 min), but you can take a shorter route to get back on the Camino if you like. I will repeat.

Sigueiro at Siaba Pension. As someone mentioned above, the place is very nice. The room was great, and there was a supermarket across the street. They recommended Restaurant Cortes where I had a great meal. Breakfast was included to fuel up before the final leg to Santiago. I Will repeat

Do you plan on Albergues or private rooms? I booked ahead for private rooms at hotels and pensions in March, but there was no need. I'm sure it will be busier in September.

One restaurant I really enjoyed was Restaurant Cortes in Sigueiro. It was recommended by my hotel and it was excellent.
Not sure. A bit of both. Thanks for the restaurant tip

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My husband and I did the Camino Ingles last September. We booked ahead -- wanted real beds (we are in our mid 60s and husband is 6'4" tall so hostel bunks weren't going to cut it for him!). Anyway, here's where we stayed: Hotel Zahara (Ferrol) was OK - served the purpose; Pension Marigato (Neda) was very good including the breakfast; Hotel Eurmesa (Pontedueme) was a bit long in the tooth but worked well (except for the street fair that went all night and was loud! check holiday schedule); Betanzos we used a private apartment rental; Hotel Canaima (Meson de Vento) was decent but not memorable; Siaba Pension (Sigueiro) was AWESOME and not to be missed but it books up so reserve ahead -- excellent breakfast included! When we got to Santiago we splurged and stayed at Hotel San Miguel which was wonderful and had an excellent breakfast.

When in Pontedeume, don't miss Pulperia Os Cen Pasos for seafood. They don't take reservations and it is a small place, so we were on line when the place opened. Our first time eating Padron peppers and they were yum.
Brilliant recommendations for pontedueme and the restaurant pulperia - Thankyou

When I went in 2021, I stayed at Hotel Almendra n Ferrol: Nice room and they let me store my bags when I arrived before check in time. l and had a wonderful meal at Casa Muraxa. In Neda I stayed at pension Marigato with nice clean rooms and beautiful view of the estuary from my room and a great breakfast, for dinner it was 7 Santinos that was one of the best meals I had. In Pontedueume I stayed at Pension Residence Norte just ok, for dinner it was little place off of Praza Real with really good seafood but i don't remember the name. IN Betanzos i stayed at Hotel Villa De Betanzos, very nice and a good breakfast. I at a pizzeria near by. Be sure to stop at Meso-Museo Xente No Camino after Betanzos and Case Avelina for lunch and then rest stop. These are on the way to Bruma Meson de Vento, where I stayed at Hotel Canaima and had dinner with a bunch of fellow pilgrims I met along the way. In Sigueiro stayed at Pension Villnova nice place but i had dinner there which was microwave meals just ok. In SDC I stayed at Hotel Tafona (very nice), and I ended up getting a salad in one of the supermecados, but had some great coffee and cake at Arias-Nunes - Cafe it was highly recommended and now I know why.

Thankyou for sharing your itinerary - I’ve made a note of recommendations

These are the private rooms I stayed at in March.

Ferrol at Hotel Almendra. It was a nice clean room, but I had one issue with the hotel. I was basically locked in. After returning from dinner, I rang the bell and waited to be let in by an employee unlocking the front door from the inside with a key. The same thing happened when I was departing in the morning. No way to get out, and nobody was in the lobby. I made some noise and waited for someone to come down and again unlock the door with a key to let me out. I might have been the only guest in the hotel, meaning they might not have been staffing the front desk? But for safety reasons, I will explore another hotel next time, probably the Parador.

Puentedeume at Hospedaje Norte. Small room but clean and very quiet. Had to call the number on the front door, and someone showed up in about 5 minutes to check me in. A good backup but I will look around at other hotels for next time.

Betanzos at Hostal Portico. Very nice and modern with a good restaurant downstairs. Close to everything and a comfortable stay. I will repeat.

Near Bruma at Hotel Canaima. They pick you up from Casa Avelina. The room was fine, and the restaurant and bar downstairs were very good. The gas station next door has a decent mini-market. The following day I walked back to Casa Avelina (30 min), but you can take a shorter route to get back on the Camino if you like. I will repeat.

Sigueiro at Siaba Pension. As someone mentioned above, the place is very nice. The room was great, and there was a supermarket across the street. They recommended Restaurant Cortes where I had a great meal. Breakfast was included to fuel up before the final leg to Santiago. I Will repeat
Very good to know. Thankyou

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked the Camino Inglés, along with 3 companions, in September 2022. We stayed mostly in private rooms and booked ahead.

The standout meal was in Betanzos, at Vega - Comer e Petiscar, Rúa Castro, 8, 15300 Betanzos, next to Hostal Pórtico, where we stayed. We had an excellent late lunch. The food was fantastic and the service was great. We returned in the evening for dessert and I was served the BEST flan I have ever had (and I have had a lot in my lifetime)!

The Camino Inglés is a lovely walk ... Buen Camino!

Attachments

• Betanzos flan.jpg
    Betanzos flan.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 3
Did the Inglès in the first week of April this year, Semana Santana, major holiday - very glad I had pre-booked. Ferrol - also stayed at Hotel Almendra, much as above, other than that I was neither locked out or in - but I was in by 22.00, out around 8.00 - it's still dark until then in April! Good cafe attached for a simple breakfast. Pontedeume, Hospedaje Norte - you actually don't need to phone, just go into the bar right beside it to check in. They run/ own? both. Pulperia Os Cen Pasos for seafood - agree completely!
You can book a private room in Albergue San Lorenzo Bruma, but it can get pretty loud, and you're limited to the bar and a pilgrims menu for dinner. Sigüeiro - Alojamiento Camino Real, twin room with private bath - not part of the main Albergue, although you check in there. Also has a kitchen and lounge, shared with the other 4 room's. Restaurant - Café Restaurant Miràs had been recommended, and was very good.
Santiago - Os Sobrinos do Pai - quiet, very central, check in at the restaurant downstairs, and I'm told that their restaurant is also excellent, but I went elsewhere with my Camino family.....
Buen Camino!🇳🇿

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back