• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation at O Porriño

rgutena

Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Via Gebennensis?
Hi - I have been looking at accommodation options at O Porriño and there don't seem to be many choices. I generally prefer to have my own room if at all possible because I can't sleep through loud snoring, even with ear plugs. I have seen good reviews of Hotel Azul but it hasn't responded to my emails and has not answered the phone. Are hotels in that area closed at this time of year?

Alternatively, if you have any good recommendations for ultra effective ear plugs, please let me know! If they really can block out the thundery snoring, this would open up a lot of accommodation options for me...

Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Alternatively, if you have any good recommendations for ultra effective ear plugs, please let me know! If they really can block out the thundery snoring, this would open up a lot of accommodation options for me...

Hi, I use the soft silicon waterproof ear plugs popular with swimmers.

https://sleephabits.net/ear-plugs

I break a piece off, roll it into a thin sausage, point it into my ear, then press it all in nice and snug. Never hear a thing all night, and my i-pad I mean my eye-pad :p covers my eyes blocking out the emergency lights, which are often quite bright.

Porrino albergue should be no problem for you thus armed. (But they don’t have blankets, so be sure to have appropriate sleeping bag or fleece.)
Jill

Hi rgutena,

I stayed at the Hotel Azul with another peregrina and can recommend it, the breakfast was very good. The woman behind the desk was especially helpful when I discovered I had left behind my town (non-walking) shoes at the last place I stayed. The contact details on the hotel's sello in my passport are email: hrazul@terra.com and the telephone: 0034 986 330 032. I don't know which code you will need for your country.

Hope you are able to arrange a booking. Bom caminho!
SEB

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
When stoping at the municipal albergue which has 50 spaces in O Porrino on the Avenida de Buenos Aires I ate a very tasty menu del dia at
Maracaibo Porriño, a small pension/restaurant at nearby Calle de Manuel Rodríguez, 50. The food, inexpensive price and welcome were great; I did not see their rooms. Their telephone is +34 986 33 09 01

By the way it can be a long slog from Tui to O Porrino through a hilly, dense wood and along much industrialization; have courage!

Last September, I stayed at the Pension Puente, about a km South of the town center on N-550. I didn't make reservations; just walked in. Private rooms with private baths. Basic but clean. Very quiet. Don't recall the rate but don't think it was anything out of the ordinary. The included breakfast is bare bones - pastry, coffee and juice. It is a km from the town center, which is very festive and has a slew of cafes, bars and restaurants. Puente has a bar/restaurant but there didn't seem to be much else around that looked appetizing. I elected to walk to the town center.

Hi - I have been looking at accommodation options at O Porriño and there don't seem to be many choices. I generally prefer to have my own room if at all possible because I can't sleep through loud snoring, even with ear plugs. I have seen good reviews of Hotel Azul but it hasn't responded to my emails and has not answered the phone. Are hotels in that area closed at this time of year?

Thank you!

Any amount of accomadation in o porrino
Hostal about 100 Mtrs from albergue and single room for about 30euro

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, I use the soft silicon waterproof ear plugs popular with swimmers.

https://sleephabits.net/ear-plugs

I break a piece off, roll it into a thin sausage, point it into my ear, then press it all in nice and snug. Never hear a thing all night, and my i-pad I mean my eye-pad :p covers my eyes blocking out the emergency lights, which are often quite bright.

Porrino albergue should be no problem for you thus armed. (But they don’t have blankets, so be sure to have appropriate sleeping bag or fleece.)
Jill

Thanks Jill! Great website for the ear plugs. I had some of those silicon ones many years ago but had no success moulding them (too hard). But the wax ones mentioned on the website seems to worth a try.

Good tip though re blankets. Perhaps this is another reason why I should not stay in an albergue because a blanket / sleeping bag will most definitely bring the total weight of my pack to over 5kg!

Hi rgutena,

I stayed at the Hotel Azul with another peregrina and can recommend it, the breakfast was very good. The woman behind the desk was especially helpful when I discovered I had left behind my town (non-walking) shoes at the last place I stayed. The contact details on the hotel's sello in my passport are email: hrazul@terra.com and the telephone: 0034 986 330 032. I don't know which code you will need for your country.

Hope you are able to arrange a booking. Bom caminho!
SEB

Thanks very much for the info. Those are the details that I have been using to contact Azul over the last few weeks and have had no response whatsoever. This is what made me wonder if it - and other hotels in the area - are closed at this time of the year.

When stoping at the municipal albergue which has 50 spaces in O Porrino on the Avenida de Buenos Aires I ate a very tasty menu del dia at
Maracaibo Porriño, a small pension/restaurant at nearby Calle de Manuel Rodríguez, 50. The food, inexpensive price and welcome were great; I did not see their rooms. Their telephone is +34 986 33 09 01

By the way it can be a long slog from Tui to O Porrino through a hilly, dense wood and along much industrialization; have courage!

Great! I might try them. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Last September, I stayed at the Pension Puente, about a km South of the town center on N-550. I didn't make reservations; just walked in. Private rooms with private baths. Basic but clean. Very quiet. Don't recall the rate but don't think it was anything out of the ordinary. The included breakfast is bare bones - pastry, coffee and juice. It is a km from the town center, which is very festive and has a slew of cafes, bars and restaurants. Puente has a bar/restaurant but there didn't seem to be much else around that looked appetizing. I elected to walk to the town center.

Seems to worth a try. Thanks!

Found its website and the rooms look nice! Emailed them at once and they replied immediately! Super efficient. :)

First time posting here but have been 'browsing' & soaking up all the great info & tips since last year when I was planning my first Camino. I am now planning my second for March with 4 friends (their first Camino) and I am having difficulty in contacting Hotel Azul in Porrino. I have emailed numerous times, the latest one in Spanish thanks to a fluent friend, but no joy. Email address I have been using is hotelazulporrino@gmail.com as per their website. can anybody shed any light? Or recommend somewhere as good?
Míle buíochas :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
First time posting here but have been 'browsing' & soaking up all the great info & tips since last year when I was planning my first Camino. I am now planning my second for March with 4 friends (their first Camino) and I am having difficulty in contacting Hotel Azul in Porrino. I have emailed numerous times, the latest one in Spanish thanks to a fluent friend, but no joy. Email address I have been using is hotelazulporrino@gmail.com as per their website. can anybody shed any light? Or recommend somewhere as good?

Well, my experience (see my originating post) as well as your own clearly indicates that Hotel Azul never check their email. This thread has a number of alternative suggestions, including Maracaibo, where I ended up staying. It was perfectly fine. You will find it easily through a Google search. Good luck!

Yes, I wrote to them in November last year through their website and asked for a booking in May. A Christina replied with a rate but told me that she will confirm in February. February came and went, no confirmation. Wrote an email to them a few days ago. No reply as yet. We need to confirm our hotels in advance as we intend to use Tuitrans to move our luggage. If they don't reply soon, I'll try Maracaibo as suggested.

I gave up and booked Maracaibo. Luz, the owner, has been so helpful and a pleasure to deal with. TuiTrans deliver & collect there also. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Thank you!
There are many options in O Porrino. All I saw were very basic. You should not have a problem, just walking in. It is a VERY quiet town.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back