• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation Availability on Camino Frances After Burgos? (week of May 1, 2023)

sp01326

Time of past OR future Camino
French, English, Primitivo (2) , Portuguese, Norte
Hi, could you let me know the availability of accommodations after Burgos now?
I’ll probably stay there tomorrow. Thanks
Federico

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, I hope someone in or around Burgos right now will see your question and respond. 1st May is the public holiday so hopefully the accommodation situation everywhere will be better tomorrow. Good luck. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
as @trecile said - check Gronze.com
I would also suggest the same for Booking.com or, if you have a list of Albergues that you possibly compiled previously.... or perhaps check any Camino App (i.e. Buen Camino, Camino Ninja WisePilgrim, etc.) - start contacting the Albergues directly via WHattsAp or email)
Good luck & Buen Camino

Thanks to everyone. I hope that also some walking pilgrim can give me updated infos.

I am in Castrojeriz right now. The albergue is not full (completo). People have been able to find beds after Burgos. There were just a few people queuing at the municipal at Hontanas at about midday today. I think there are plenty of beds available if you ring the accommodation directly or contact them through WhatsApp. Also someone in my room found lovely accommodation at San Bol last night, a donativo and unable to be booked.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am in Castrojeriz right now. The albergue is not full (completo). People have been able to find beds after Burgos. There were just a few people queuing at the municipal at Hontanas at about midday today. I think there are plenty of beds available if you ring the accommodation directly or contact them through WhatsApp. Also someone in my room found lovely accommodation at San Bol last night, a donativo and unable to be booked.
Sorry I edited my original post because I don't know what happened to the sentence beginning with "People..."
I can't even remember what I was trying to say... Oops... Must be too hot and tired. Zzzz

I've walked a 15 km to a place where I can take the bus to my next destination (40km from Burgos). The bus started from Burgos but then I've wouldn't walk today. I couldn't find a free bed within a range of 20 km from Burgos. So I was glad I found one even when it was so far.
I am waiting for the bus now. It goes once a day.

There are lots of albergues that don't take reservations and, as other people on here are saying, they're not full. Maybe you should consider changing strategy?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, after a long walk from VillaFranka and a long search for a bed, I called it a day and caught the bus for Bilbao and a bed. I’am having a little trouble with the fact there were no beds for pilgrims in Burgos considering the size of this place. Iam now considering if I will continue the Camino at a later date. Alan Butterworth ☹️

I've walked a 15 km to a place where I can take the bus to my next destination (40km from Burgos). The bus started from Burgos but then I've wouldn't walk today. I couldn't find a free bed within a range of 20 km from Burgos. So I was glad I found one even when it was so far.
I am waiting for the bus now. It goes once a day.
Between Albergue de peregrinos Casa del Cubo y de los Lerma and Albergue Casa de Peregrinos de Emaús there are 170 beds that cannot be reserved in Burgos.

Yes, after a long walk from VillaFranka and a long search for a bed, I called it a day and caught the bus for Bilbao and a bed. I’am having a little trouble with the fact there were no beds for pilgrims in Burgos considering the size of this place. Iam now considering if I will continue the Camino at a later date. Alan Butterworth ☹️
Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for your bad experience. I hope you’ll be more lucky in the next days.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back