• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation availablity on Camino Ingles

Bunclody1

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2013 C Francis
June 2015 C Norte
September 2017 C Primitivo
August 2018 Via de la Plata
Hi all, I’m hoping to walk from Ferrol and continue walking to Finisterre. I wondering if accommodation will be an issue, will I need to stay in private Albergues or are the municipal ones open ?
TIA,
John.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all, I’m hoping to walk from Ferrol and continue walking to Finisterre. I wondering if accommodation will be an issue, will I need to stay in private Albergues or are the municipal ones open ?
TIA,
John.
Hi John, let me suggest that you get on to Gronze.com and checkout the albergue situation along the Inglés. Compared to the CF, you won’t see the number of albergues, but we have stayed at several when we did that route. As you probably already know, with the municipales and the privates, without reservations, beds are on a first come, first served basis. My experience has always been that if you arrive early enough in the afternoon, you’re more than likely to get a bed. But, with that said, there are fewer albergues with fewer total beds along the Inglés. So, I think that Gronze will be you a pretty good sense of what is available. Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
August is the peak month for the Camino Ingles, but given the presure on all routes this year, I would be tempted to reserve my accommodation in September with the exception of Neda where the public albergue is large, good and with backup options less than 1km away back across the bridge.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.