• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation between Negreira and Olveiroa

peregrina2000

Staff member
After reading a couple of recent posts, I've decided to walk Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre this year. I remember seeing what looked like a new private beyond Negreira, and at the time I thought it would be a good way to lengthen the first day and shorten some later days, but I can't remember where it was.

Especially now that I want to "turn right at Hospital," if I could find a place to stay beyond Negreira, I could then continue on Day 2 to the new albergue in Dumbria, with day 3 an easier 22 kms or so into Muxia.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
peregrina2000 said:
After reading a couple of recent posts, I've decided to walk Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre this year. I remember seeing what looked like a new private beyond Negreira, and at the time I thought it would be a good way to lengthen the first day and shorten some later days, but I can't remember where it was.

Especially now that I want to "turn right at Hospital," if I could find a place to stay beyond Negreira, I could then continue on Day 2 to the new albergue in Dumbria, with day 3 an easier 22 kms or so into Muxia.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Laurie

Laurie,

There is a new private albergue , O Rueieo, in Vilaserio. Here is their link http://www.gronze.com/albergues/camino-a-finisterre/albergue-o-rueiro-vilaserio.htm I stayed there last December. Very comfortable and clean with many blankets, but no heat! It is run by the only bar in the tiny town. It is much more comfortable than the old school near-by used as emergency facilities!

Buen Camino!

Margaret

Hi Laurie,

As Margaret mentioned there is an hostal in Vilaserio. Although I stayed in the old school house (very basic with mats on the floor but with great hot showers) I had some lovely cheese and wine in the café that runs the auberge. The owner really did not understand why I didn't want to stay with them. The school house was even free as no one came to collect a cent!

Cheers,
LT

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Laurie,
You had better leave Santiago early mate and be in good shape.
Its doable as we found last year but most of those who had walked , and i smile had recently finished uni.
Plenty of places to get food on the way and Dumbria does not open till 3pm ?? from memory.
I think i know where you are heading but please have a stay with Lorena in Muxia [ Casa /Bar Lorena] even for one night, a beautiful place and beautiful lady.
If you have me walking into Segovia and then the next day much the same i think you should do this for penance.
Good luck with this and early departure.
David

Thanks for the help! Now I'll just wait and see how things go once I'm on the way. I will not take your comment as a challenge, Thornley, even though by the time I get to Santiago I will have just passed the 40th anniversation of my university graduation. :D All the more reason to forge on, don't want these old bones to get soft.

And believe me, those two days on the Camino de Madrid are quite beautiful, so I doubt you'll be feeling like you're suffering -- except perhaps for the last 5 kms or so into Segovia :) .

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi!
We just got back from Camino Fisterra-Muxia. On our way to Fisterra we stayed (second night) in Albergue Antelo at village Santa Martina. It´s a private albergue with 10 beds. Cost is 10€ for bed and 9€ for menu peregrino. If you start early next morning the dog will wake up anyone who is still sleeping :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In a recent post ( which has seemed to disappear) I´v asked about La Peña and someone sent me a link with some informations on Vilaserio but I can´t find it.
Can someone help me? Why do posts disappear?
Thanks
Katia

katiawt said:
In a recent post ( which has seemed to disappear) I´v asked about La Peña and someone sent me a link with some informations on Vilaserio but I can´t find it.
Can someone help me? Why do posts disappear?
Thanks
Katia

Katia,

Here is the post I sent you.

There is a new private albergue , O Rueieo, in Vilaserio. Here is their link http://www.gronze.com/albergues/camino- ... aserio.htm I stayed there last December. Very comfortable and clean with many blankets, but no heat! It is run by the only bar in the tiny town. It is much more comfortable than the old school near-by used as emergency facilities!

Buen Camino!

Margaret

PS
Posts have disappeared because there has been a 'melt down' during a move to different equipment. All posts were recaptured as of mid April and not later.

PSS
In Negreira the Cafe Bar Imperial has a VERY good and copious menu del dia. Last December it was 8 euros. Here is their link http://www.barimperial.es/cms/. The friendly barman/owner is English and his wife Spanish. As usual at lunch I was the only other woman in the place, but they graciously made me feel at home.

Hóla Laurie,
I'm thinking of the same route as I have time for four days walking in early June. I've calculated Dumbria to Muxia as 19km but a few more isn't a problem. I was thinking of Santiago, Vilarserio, Dumbria and short walk to Muxia walking on to Fisterra on fourth day.
I'm also thinking about Dumbria back to option / turn right at Hospiital to Fisterra on third day and then Muxia.
As usual I won't pre-book anything.
Buen Camino,
Brian.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I agree completely with Margaret about Cafe Imperial.
It has had the best meal past Santiago now for 5 years.

Back room full of locals and very kind hosts.
David

Thanks Margaret
Vilaserio seems a good spot for me. I can't walk all the way to Negrreira and will not be in a hurry.
Katia

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back