• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation between Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia

BeeHodge

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2018
Hi all, we are traveling to Porto on the 30/3, then train to Santiago on the next day, planning to start our walk to Muxia and Finisterre, we have not booked any accommodation along the way. I did the entire Camino France last April without any advanced booking of accommodation and it was fine, does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to whether I need to book in advance on this route?

Many thanks

Bee

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi @Bee

Can't say for sure of course but I'd imagine you'll be fine. Given that your route is for a lot of people something after arriving in Santiago it's still very early season.

When I first walked that way 6 years ago accommodation was very limited but thankfully you have far more options now.

Burn Camino,

Rob.

Hi all, we are traveling to Porto on the 30/3, then train to Santiago on the next day, planning to start our walk to Muxia and Finisterre, we have not booked any accommodation along the way. I did the entire Camino France last April without any advanced booking of accommodation and it was fine, does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to whether I need to book in advance on this route?

Many thanks

Bee
Depends what kind of accommodation you will be looking for and what stages you are planning but in my experience and I mostly walked this routes in June and July there never was any glitch about getting a bed. Plenty of options.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked in August 2018 , no problem. To find a bed in Finisterre took me about 2 hours , due to the fact that I arrived late ( 16h00 )

Many thanks

Bee
Shouldn't be a problem, if you want to stay in the municipal albergue in Finisterre, you need to have your credential stamped, some poor soul arrived just before me last August , hadn't been collecting stamps , and no room at the inn ! but plenty of options, the camino is much quieter after Santiago than before Santiago,
Enjoy Bill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, I have just walked SDC - Muxia - Finisterre (29 Mar - 1 Apr) over 4 days and didn't have any accommodation problems. Stayed as follows:
Vilaserio - hostel
Dumbria - municipal alburgue
Muxia - municipal alburgue
Finisterre - private alburgue (municipal alburgue was closed).

Caught a bus from Finisterre to SDC with no orblems, think there were 6 services throughout the day (Tuesday).
Cheers

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back