• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation for 12 in Santiago

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
I’ve sourced (and booked) private albergues for the group to stay at between Leon and Santiago. But I am unsure where to stay in Santiago. Could people who have arrived there with a group please advise? I first thought of Hospederia San Martin Pinario, but I’m not so sure any more. Although on a budget they can still afford to splash out a little on their last night. They are a close-knit group, they all know each other, and they like doing things together, so we will have to find a place for dinner together that night as well. Any suggestions for accommodation and a nearby restaurant? Thanks! Jill

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If prepared to splash out try the Rosa Rosae. Pilgrim friendly hotel just out of the old town. Entrance is via the steps at the side.
Good Italian restaurant not far away. Serves a good varied menu as well as wonderful pizzas. I would have to check out its name as we were taken there in 2012 and found it again by chance in 2015.

......... so we will have to find a place for dinner together that night as well. Any suggestions for accommodation and a nearby restaurant? Thanks! Jill
After a little searching we have found the restaurant. The Gondola 1, Rúa de Santiago del Estero, 7, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, España. (Be careful if asking directions, there is also the Gondola 11 nearby!) You can find it and the Rosa Rosae on google maps. If there are a number of you there is a good sized room at the back, we ate there (booked in/reserved in 2012) and out front, on our own, in 2015. For 12 people I would suggest contacting them so that they can give you appropriate seating.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.