• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation from Vilalba to Santiago

dangif

Time of past OR future Camino
I now have 7 days to myself and I want to walk from Vilalba to Santiago, i'm looking for advice and information on accommodation along the way.
Hey folks, I've got 7 days to myself coming up and I'd really like to revisit the camino. I've walked it a few times before and this time I'd like to start in Vilalba. I've looked into access and flights to Santiago with Ryan Air are only £70 return and they arrive around 5pm. There is then a train from the airport to Vilalba at approx 7.20pm, I plan to stay one night in Vilalba then to begin walking the next day. Having had a look on a few sites I've not been able to get comprehensive information on hotels / guest houses along the route - there's a few that pop up in surrounding areas but I was hoping that someone on here could help out with places to stay that won't take me too far off my way. I'd like to know if there is a nice coastal route between Finistirre and Muxia too...Thanks!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi dangif
just a few thoughts from me, as no-one else has weighed in yet...
If you are after hotels/guesthouses, maybe check on another site like Eroski?
FWIW the Vilalba albergue is a couple km before the town. When I was there it was run by the bombeiros and unstaffed at night - but a good size, and modern.
Even if you prefer staying in guesthouses etc, you should consider staying at the monastery at Sobrado, which is a very special camino experience.
There's probably more about Finisterre and Muxia on other pages, but just to say - although both are coastal towns, only a small amount of the camino route is along the coast. I may be wrong, but it didn't look like the kind of coast where it is easy just to walk along the beach instead - there's to many cliffs, coves and private residences.
cheers, tom

Baamonde, Miraz, Sabrado de Monxes, walk past Arzua to Salceda, then Santiago. This would be my recommendation. If you want to plan it, try the Gronze.com or Eroski consumer site.

Ultreya,
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey folks, I've got 7 days to myself coming up and I'd really like to revisit the camino. I've walked it a few times before and this time I'd like to start in Vilalba. I've looked into access and flights to Santiago with Ryan Air are only £70 return and they arrive around 5pm. There is then a train from the airport to Vilalba at approx 7.20pm, I plan to stay one night in Vilalba then to begin walking the next day. Having had a look on a few sites I've not been able to get comprehensive information on hotels / guest houses along the route - there's a few that pop up in surrounding areas but I was hoping that someone on here could help out with places to stay that won't take me too far off my way. I'd like to know if there is a nice coastal route between Finistirre and Muxia too...Thanks!

I stayed in the accommodation below on that section of the norte , I don't think their is a train station in Vilalba

http://www.hostalrestauranteterracha.com/seccion.1.php in Vilalba

In Baamonde --------------- Ruta Esmeralda Hostal

Miraz ------------------Albergue de peregrinos de Miraz

Sobrado dos Monxes ------------- www.hotelsanmarcus.com

Arzua---------------- http://www.pensionrua.com/

O Pedrouzo------------- http://www.pensioncodesal.com/

Santiago de Compostela ------------ http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com/

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.