A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Accommodation help Camino Del Norte August

Camino Badges

Helen Aussie

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017
Camino de Saint Jacques 2018
Hi everyone, I have booked my accommodation in San Sebastián? Is it necessary to book the next night in Zarautz? I do like to just turn up and wing it.
Thanks for your help.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi everyone, I have booked my accommodation in San Sebastián? Is it necessary to book the next night in Zarautz? I do like to just turn up and wing it.
Thanks for your help.
I have never walked the Norte in August, but since it is high tourist season, tourists will be competing with peregrinos for beds. And no surprise that the businesses prefer tourists with their fatter wallets. If you are going to be walking in August, I would definitely reserve, and it would also be a good idea to try to avoid the main, standard stage ends.

nickpellatt

Camino(s) past & future
French 2015 Portuguese 2018 Norte May 2019 Finesterre and Muxia April 2019
I think its wise to book for Zaruatz. It has fairly limited pilgrim options I think.

I followed my guide book and planned to stay in the youth hostel, but they dont take pilgrims anymore. I then walked back to the start of town and stayed in the Zaruatz hostel. I took the last bed there ... it was 22 euros, so pricey.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%